• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stress/Temp test cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey Guys,

I just "rebuilt" my Core 2 Dou, with a new mobo so i can use DDR3 instead of DDR2 and also a vital fact that the old mainboard had a fault that meant at its max peak (overclocked) would only reach 2666mhz and its a 2,8Ghz.

Anyhoo, on this im useing the stock cooling system from my i7 930. This is ofcourse a mod :) With the old system i use to run it as a streaming rig, and it would be on for weeks at a time. I never really saw the temp above 40degrees celcius.

Now that i have the mainboard and the full power from my cpu, i would like to see how hot my cpu actually gets under max load, before i OC it.

So, is there a simple program to this? No graphics testing, just pure CPU stress testing.

Hope to hear back :)

Just do Prime95->Torture test-> Small FFT.

Thnx,

Im Currently running Prime95, its been running for for 30mins, and im getting max so far 63c (145f) on the cores and 56c (132f) on the "CPU", honestly i have no idea if this is good or bad on?

Idle Temps are Cores 37c (98f) cpu 22c (71f)

Intel claim the max on this cpu is 72,4c, but with that said, is that the single core temp og the CPU temp?

CPU is Intel Core 2 Dou E7400

Last edited:
Use the temp that Realtemp tells you it is. ;)

Keep it under mid 80s stress testing and your temps will be lower doing everything else.

Thnx,

Im Currently running Prime95, its been running for for 30mins, and im getting max so far 63c (145f) on the cores and 56c (132f) on the "CPU", honestly i have no idea if this is good or bad on?

Idle Temps are Cores 37c (98f) cpu 22c (71f)

Intel claim the max on this cpu is 72,4c, but with that said, is that the single core temp og the CPU temp?

CPU is Intel Core 2 Dou E7400

The thing is they don't. TCaseMax on those Intels is 72.4c. TCaseMax isn't TJmax.

TJmax is listed in RealTemp. For the i5-430m I have it is 105. In realtemp there are two rows of changing numbers, the first is the current core temps (67/70 on my folding mobile i5) and the 2nd are the distances in degree Celcius to TJmax (the real thermal limit set by Intel).

TCaseMax is the max temp the air in the case can be...IIRC. What is important is that TCaseMax doesn't really have any implication to an overclocker.

The thing is they don't. TCaseMax on those Intels is 72.4c. TCaseMax isn't TJmax.

TJmax is listed in RealTemp. For the i5-430m I have it is 105. In realtemp there are two rows of changing numbers, the first is the current core temps (67/70 on my folding mobile i5) and the 2nd are the distances in degree Celcius to TJmax (the real thermal limit set by Intel).

TCaseMax is the max temp the air in the case can be...IIRC. What is important is that TCaseMax doesn't really have any implication to an overclocker.

Few to many things i didnt get, cos i dont know what they mean.

TJmax? Im guessing TCaseMax is Temp inside the case?

Back