• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA Stuck in Transit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
So does anyone here know somebody in Asus? Preferrably someone from the Freemont facilty?

I sent in my motherboard last week and today I check the delivery status of the package only to find that the USPS tried to deliver on Apr 9th (Saturday)... Why would they try to deliver to a business address on a Saturday is beyond me...

So of course; there was nobody there to receive the package. And mailman left one of them orange slips with notice of attempted delivery. And here's where things get crazy...

- USPS won't try to deliver again unless the recipient requests a "re-delivery".
- ASUS won't request a "re-delivery" or get involved in any way.
- USPS will hold the box for 15 days and will then send it back to me as "undeliverable".

Attempts to get this fixed with either USPS or ASUS have all been met with the same answer from both parts.... "Nothing we can do about it"....

SO basically I am screwed out of a motherboard for at least another two months or so...
- One week already passed since I shipped it.
- Two weeks that USPS will hold the damn thing before they send it back to me.
- One more week until I get it back.
- One or two weeks until I get a new RMA number (yes Asus RMA number is only good for 30 days so I will need a new one).
- One more week until they get it delivered (this time going with Fedex and signature required)
- Two weeks for Asus to repair/replace the board
- One more week until I get it back.

That's at least nine weeks wasted; and so easily avoidable... I understand the USPS's unwillingness to help... It is the government after all. But this issue could so easily be avoided if some of the four or five people from Asus I have chatted/talked to on the phone would just put down their scripts, listen to what the customer is saying and try to help... But NO!!!! All I get is the same canned responses.
Oh well....

Last edited:
this happened to me with ocz i forgot to write the number on the box. so ocz rejected it. It took about 3 weeks before i got my unit back so that i could get a new rma number and waste another 10 bucks sending it it.

good luck seba

I just said this on another thread. USPS sucks. And anyone that uses them because their "cheaper" sucks too. The only advantage to using USPS is to the shipper. I've had stuff sit at my local post office for 3 days before they felt like delivering to me 3 miles away. Talk about useless tracking numbers.

Give me beat up packages any day from UPS and FEDEX for a few bucks more. At least I get them in a reasonable amount of time and I don't have to worry about being home Saturday.

See if you can get in touch with the manager of the facility. I'm sure he can do something about it.

I hate USPS. Why you would only attempt delivery once is beyond me. I don't know what crossed their minds to make them think that a business address would be open on a freaking Saturday.

Blah. Government.

Back