• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance question regarding CPU + Ram channel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T.N.Tee

Registered
I'm making a new gaming PC and i would like to know what is actually more important...choosing between a processor with 32nm like I7-2600 / I7-2600K with the 1155 socket and thus double channel Ram? Or choose a 45nm one with the new 1336 socket and thus the triple channel Ram option? (Consider first of all i m willing to spend around 300 euros for the processor and i couldn't find a 32nm architecture processor for that money) Does the nm architecture actually affect performance much bottom line? Else i'm considering an AMD Phenom II processor as well with its sweet 6 core build.

Also...what's the actual Difference between I7-2600 and I7-2600K? I mean there is no apparent enhance on the 2600K model whatsoever as seen on the official site and still a friend of mine told me i should prefer the K model line instead of the normal one and it's also apparent on the price (since K line costs more in general)...does it have to do with OC options?

Also i've considered the i5-2500K but vs the i7-2600K it lacks on # threads (actually has half) and it also doesn't support the Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology. Is it worth paying the extra buck (like 100 euros or so..) for these features?

2600k can be overclocked on P67 mobos. The 2600 cannot.
You don't need hyper-threading on a gaming rig though, so I'd recommend the 2500k.

dont buy socket 1366 is a dead socket and being replace in Q3 or Q4 with socket 2011

Back