• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please check if this compatible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bloodsside14

Specification:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE (Black Edition) 3.3 ghz

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair 4 Formula

Memory: 2x Corsair Vengeance 4gb ddr3-1600

SSD: G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60gb (FM-25S2S-60GBP2) SSD, SataII 2.5

Video Card: 2x Inno3d GT 480 1536mb/384bit OC ddr5

PSU: Cooler Master 750watts

Hard Disk: 2tb WDC Caviar Black 64mb sata dual processor hdd

CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 AMD Edition Full Tower Chassis

or this?

Proc: Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked 3.3GHz 9700.00
Mobo: Gigabyte P67A-UD3P B3 10030.00
PSU: Seasonic (S12D) 750watts 80PLUS Silver 4740
HDD: 1tb Seagate 7200.12 32mb sata hdd 2850
Case: NZXT Lexa S 3550.00
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT 2590.00
GPU: Sapphire HD 6850 1gb/256bit Toxic ddr5 8620.00 x2

I am also confused with the resolution i need, maybe i want 22'' or 24'' led. :(

Size is not as important as res. A video card pushes pixels and not inches.

A 19" all the way up to 27+ can be the same resolution. You can go 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600 and even greater you can also get a 22 that is 1680 x 1050.

With the higher pixel count you will not get the same performance you would with a lower count with a given card. Now the kicker: when you take the res too low the balance moves to the CPU and it is a whole diffrent ball of wax. You need to decide what you are going to do with this machine and tailor it into your system for your needs.

I'd suggest mentioning the specific model of PSU as well. The cooler master could be anything. THe S12D is a very good unit, but it's a bit older and outmoded these days, I'm not sure what prices are like where you are from but look around a bit more. You don't need anywhere near 750Watts for dual 6850s. It's an exceedingly power efficient card, you could run them on < 500Watts.

Otherwise it all looks fine, my suggestion would be to go with the 2500k as well, as the price is usually the same as a 1090t, with superior gaming performance (and superior performance in most applications as well, except for the rare multi-threaded app).

I do 750 watts my psu because that is not yet finish. How about the computer 5.25bay what should i put there. Fan controller, Temp monitoring, or what so ever. And also FANS and other accessories.

I don't have idea what pixel i need maybe a standard pixel maybe alright.

1920x1080 is pretty standard to game with, and you can always bump up later if you find its not enough. You should be just fine with that for now. I would definitely use the 2500k build. Haven't started to OC mine yet, but overall a FAR superior chip. Bulldozer is only rumored to be able to go toe to toe with it. I haven't seen anything saying it could beat it. SB is definitely the way to go right now.

750W while excessive is not necessarily bad. It will allow you plenty of room to move up later for a new card (which may require more power) or any additional items you may add. It will also allow your PSU to run cool. I have been a big fan of giving PLENTY of leeway for the PSU so it doesn't have to strain (again just a personal preference). If you're concerned about budget however cutting down wattage would definitely be a way to cut back on $$ a little bit. And also check out the True/Tested PS sticky http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708 . It's very straight forward and as long as you pick something on that list you probably won't go wrong. I also would like to suggest modular. Not needed what so ever. But if you have the extra money its a VERY nice perk. It does reduce heat somewhat, but mostly its just SO much easier to work with, and MUCH more aesthetically pleasing (especially with the HUGE window on that NZXT case!).

As for additional items, those are COMPLETELY up to you. Obviously at least one optical drive (BlueRay or DVD). It largely depends on the functionality and aesthetics you desire from your computer. Unless you have a HUGE problem with noise or want to TRULY push your system I don't see too much of a reason for a fan controller. But if you want it and have the money, it certainly isn't a bad thing. Temp monitoring is done through software, most of which is free. I personally wouldn't dump any money in to it. Personally I have 6x5.25" bays. Only three are used (2 for DVD Burners and 1 for USB 3.0). The other three are empty, and until I begin my Water Cooling will stay that way. But I prefer a very clean uncluttered look, so I don't fill them.

Unless you know for sure the fans that come with your case and heat sink won't cut it (be it sound, or CFM, or even LED color) I would run it up and see if its enough. If you find anything lacking or just want to change it they're easy to research and find later on.

Stick with the SSD AND get an HDD for storage. Just a perk for load times, but I could NEVER go back. Instead of the 2x6850 I would recommend one 6950 (get a reference 2GB model and unlock it to a 6970). I believe it'd be PLENTY of performance for you, including somewhat future proofing (esp at the above res), run a little cooler AND be cheaper.

My last recommendation: It doesn't seem as though you've thought about exactly what you want. Take some time and figure that out. Everyone here can throw out recommendations all day. But if you give us more specifics we can tailor those recommendations toward helping you get the most for what you want. Take in to consideration, budget, performance needs (i.e. gaming, video editing, whatever it may be), looks, over clocking or stock, etc. You can't give us too much information. If we don't need it we'll skip over it. In the end you have to be happy with the build, not us.

Also slow down. I know you're excited, but I just read this other thread. EarthDog is one of the people I have listened to most on this site. His answers are ALWAYS well explained, thorough, and on point. But he (nor anyone here) can help if you're not going to answer questions we may ask of you. Stick with one thread, and let it lead where it needs to. Keep posting your questions here. If you have questions I would start out with those about CPU/Mobo/RAM. Once you have enough information on that you can move on to something else. It will be much easier than trying to bounce between multiple threads, in multiple different sections.

Just to clarify however, I'm not trying to say don't be excited. Because you should be! I hope we can help you build something you're proud of and itching to put together while its still in the mail. :rock:

1920x1080 is pretty standard to game with, and you can always bump up later if you find its not enough. You should be just fine with that for now. I would definitely use the 2500k build. Haven't started to OC mine yet, but overall a FAR superior chip. Bulldozer is only rumored to be able to go toe to toe with it. I haven't seen anything saying it could beat it. SB is definitely the way to go right now.

750W while excessive is not necessarily bad. It will allow you plenty of room to move up later for a new card (which may require more power) or any additional items you may add. It will also allow your PSU to run cool. I have been a big fan of giving PLENTY of leeway for the PSU so it doesn't have to strain (again just a personal preference). If you're concerned about budget however cutting down wattage would definitely be a way to cut back on $$ a little bit. And also check out the True/Tested PS sticky http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=589708 . It's very straight forward and as long as you pick something on that list you probably won't go wrong. I also would like to suggest modular. Not needed what so ever. But if you have the extra money its a VERY nice perk. It does reduce heat somewhat, but mostly its just SO much easier to work with, and MUCH more aesthetically pleasing (especially with the HUGE window on that NZXT case!).

As for additional items, those are COMPLETELY up to you. Obviously at least one optical drive (BlueRay or DVD). It largely depends on the functionality and aesthetics you desire from your computer. Unless you have a HUGE problem with noise or want to TRULY push your system I don't see too much of a reason for a fan controller. But if you want it and have the money, it certainly isn't a bad thing. Temp monitoring is done through software, most of which is free. I personally wouldn't dump any money in to it. Personally I have 6x5.25" bays. Only three are used (2 for DVD Burners and 1 for USB 3.0). The other three are empty, and until I begin my Water Cooling will stay that way. But I prefer a very clean uncluttered look, so I don't fill them.

Unless you know for sure the fans that come with your case and heat sink won't cut it (be it sound, or CFM, or even LED color) I would run it up and see if its enough. If you find anything lacking or just want to change it they're easy to research and find later on.

Stick with the SSD AND get an HDD for storage. Just a perk for load times, but I could NEVER go back. Instead of the 2x6850 I would recommend one 6950 (get a reference 2GB model and unlock it to a 6970). I believe it'd be PLENTY of performance for you, including somewhat future proofing (esp at the above res), run a little cooler AND be cheaper.

My last recommendation: It doesn't seem as though you've thought about exactly what you want. Take some time and figure that out. Everyone here can throw out recommendations all day. But if you give us more specifics we can tailor those recommendations toward helping you get the most for what you want. Take in to consideration, budget, performance needs (i.e. gaming, video editing, whatever it may be), looks, over clocking or stock, etc. You can't give us too much information. If we don't need it we'll skip over it. In the end you have to be happy with the build, not us.

Question: When you do crossfire it means combining the two video cards to have an very good quality of resolution isn't? Why people do crossfire they use two cards with middle specs and they combine to have a very good quality of resolution?

Yup, i think i need much more time to study what parts i need to build my RIG.

Most of the time i am idle to my PC (AFK) so i want to use fan controller to slow down the speed of it when i am going to IDLE.

DVD ROM i used this suddenly. Sometimes burning and installing software.

Crossfire allows you to increase the performance of your card by combining the processing speed of two or more cards. You have the basic idea. However, it does not scale at the same rate. Using crossfire with two 6850's does not mean you'll get the performance of two 6850's it will be slightly less. The more cards you use, the less of an increase you will notice with each one.

However, most people do not need Cross fire. For every day gaming performance, a 1920x1080 resolution is adequate, and very detailed. That is the resolution I game at, and I use one 6850. I can currently play any game at that res and maxed graphics smoothly. If the time comes that I cannot do so I have two options at that time, 1- buy a newer GPU 2- crossfire with another 6850. Crossfire will allow me a slightly cheaper option to increasing performance.

There are some reasons one would recommend Crossfire. Benchmarking, multi-monitor setups, lots of video rendering, being a few of the bigger ones. However, I would not recommend Crossfire to combine two midrange cards unless you already have one and it is not giving you enough juice any more. If you're buying straight off the bat, typically (as in this case) it is cheaper and MUCH more power efficient to buy one high-end card.

From what I can tell, one 6850 will be enough for what you're looking for. However, if you were going to spend that money on two, and wanted to fleet up and buy something that will last a little longer, I would suggest a single 6950. Again, with the right model you can unlock it to the performance of a 6970. It will use less power, it will run cooler, and in the end when you do start pushing it, you can choose to crossfire at that time and save a little money.

You need at least one optical drive. DVD/Blueray whichever you want. But to install the OS you will need one.

If you're going idle, then the computer should "sleep" and completely shut off your fans until such time as you need it again. Unless you have it set to never sleep, which IMO is a huge waste on the electricity bill, if you're letting it idle.

Let's start off with, what are your intentions with this computer. Gaming is one, but what types of games? Are you going to do any video/audio editing? Will you be doing any programming? Participating in any projects like SETI, Folding, Rosetta, etc? That is the first thing you need to decide with any computer you build. What do I want to do with it?

Crossfire allows you to increase the performance of your card by combining the processing speed of two or more cards. You have the basic idea. However, it does not scale at the same rate. Using crossfire with two 6850's does not mean you'll get the performance of two 6850's it will be slightly less. The more cards you use, the less of an increase you will notice with each one.

However, most people do not need Cross fire. For every day gaming performance, a 1920x1080 resolution is adequate, and very detailed. That is the resolution I game at, and I use one 6850. I can currently play any game at that res and maxed graphics smoothly. If the time comes that I cannot do so I have two options at that time, 1- buy a newer GPU 2- crossfire with another 6850. Crossfire will allow me a slightly cheaper option to increasing performance.

There are some reasons one would recommend Crossfire. Benchmarking, multi-monitor setups, lots of video rendering, being a few of the bigger ones. However, I would not recommend Crossfire to combine two midrange cards unless you already have one and it is not giving you enough juice any more. If you're buying straight off the bat, typically (as in this case) it is cheaper and MUCH more power efficient to buy one high-end card.

From what I can tell, one 6850 will be enough for what you're looking for. However, if you were going to spend that money on two, and wanted to fleet up and buy something that will last a little longer, I would suggest a single 6950. Again, with the right model you can unlock it to the performance of a 6970. It will use less power, it will run cooler, and in the end when you do start pushing it, you can choose to crossfire at that time and save a little money.

You need at least one optical drive. DVD/Blueray whichever you want. But to install the OS you will need one.

If you're going idle, then the computer should "sleep" and completely shut off your fans until such time as you need it again. Unless you have it set to never sleep, which IMO is a huge waste on the electricity bill, if you're letting it idle.

Let's start off with, what are your intentions with this computer. Gaming is one, but what types of games? Are you going to do any video/audio editing? Will you be doing any programming? Participating in any projects like SETI, Folding, Rosetta, etc? That is the first thing you need to decide with any computer you build. What do I want to do with it?

Like what you said buying a high end card is the best thing to do than to crossfire a mid range card. And you said that when i buy a 6850 card, if the card not get anymore in my needs i need to crossfire it to save money.

Question: Sample, when i used 6850 and when it comes the card is not get anymore my needs i can buy a different card like 6870 to crossfire my 6850. This is capable to do that the 2 different card cross firing?

As you mention what i need to do or my hobbies when i used pc is to download movies, software, etc. 2nd i do gaming 3d games multitask like i am playing Crysis 2 and WOW at the same time without feeling laggy or overflow the task manager or the graphic card can't support that way. 3rd i do also programming but i think the software i run to do it is not to sensitive with the specs of the computer. 4th i do sometimes video editing. and the last greedy i do is to open all i need application one at a time(Super Multi-tasking).:comp:

You can crossfire a 6850 and 6870, but you will lose the performance of the 6870, and it will only perform at a 6850 level. So it would be better to just get another 6850.

If you are running more than one game, and running multiple screens I definately suggest getting a 6950. If you are doing video editing however, I would also suggest an nVidia line card. The extra boost you get from CUDA will be worth it. Probably something like a GTX 560Ti would be a solid choice. It will be comparible price wise with the 6950 as well.

GTX 560Ti is greater than the two cards you said? The 6850 and 6950 am i right?

Why what is the difference of them why this gtx is more powerful than the two. This is also a high end card?

What is CUDA Core?

Oh there is 2 GTX 560Ti the ASUSand NVIDIA which one of them is more powerful.

Last edited:
Back