• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monoprice - Order Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mooyo

Hey all,

Typically I've had really good luck with Monoprice but had a relatively "meh" experience with them this week and thought I would share it here.

I placed an order on Sunday afternoon (4:30PM CST) for several items and realized a few minutes after submitting my order that I missed an item and contacted support. Support that night was great. I was promised a follow up email by end of business on Monday to pay the remaining balance and most likely ship the order Tuesday.

I didn't hear anything on Monday or Tuesday so I emailed the original contact I worked with on Sunday. My email went out at 8AM CST and I received a response 6 hours later at 2PM CST...while I'm at work.

I get home around 8 or so and see the email...and now it's too late to get the item shipped today and probably not until Friday. I could really use one of the cables this weekend so I decided to shop at a similar, local vendor (mycablemart.com) instead.

I used their live chat feature to cancel the order online. Pretty painless process. The CSR kind of apologized and cancelled the order.

I emailed their support desk about the situation just to let them know how things worked out. Not really expecting anything but I figure a broken process can't be improved if no one speaks up about it.

Overall not a terrible situation to be in but just wasn't impressed with how things played out. I made a mistake by not making the correct order the first time which is my own fault, yet I was told I'd have an order adjusted and didn't hear anything back for nearly 3 days after the initial support contact.

Well, that's all I've got. Just thought I would share this with other members who frequently are in need of cables.

First, that has to suck.. sorry.

So let me understand... you are placing the blame on the company b/c you didnt follow up immediately on tuesday after they broke their initial obligation and waited another day. Add to that, they replied to the email you sent wednesday within 6 hours, which is impressive, and you couldnt get to the email to until after hours so now they cant ship it out?

Looks like they missed one call back to me on monday, and thats about it.

I fully admit Monoprice isn't completely to blame.

As you stated I should have followed up Monday night or at some point on Tuesday. I figured I would wait it out on Tuesday night given the 2 hour time difference (not sure when their "end of day" is, their support is open until 7PM on weekdays) and ended up getting involved in some work duties. I followed up this morning when I had time and unfortunately got tied up in work again until this evening.

At the same time, I shouldn't have needed to initiate contact with the vendor at all on Tuesday or today. I've never had an issue with follow through with other online vendors such as Newegg or Amazon or had to initiate contact.

I'm by no means fuming at Monoprice and will likely shop there again in the future.

Back