• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Cheap Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You will get plenty of suggestions but there is one question that needs to be answered first. What will you be doing with this box?

I assume this is not for gaming? Also I assume you have OS, kb/m and monitor.

Attachments

• f.png
    f.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
That build will have some newer features such as USB3 and sata3. Also you could add a sub $100 gpu for a pretty capable gaming pc as well. However no OS, kb/m or monitor.

If you need an OS you will have to drop the quad and downgrade the HDD/mobo.

Last edited:
Seeing as how graduation is coming or is here for many college students, you may want to check out your local college and see if they have any yard sales...some students throw away better stuff than Joe sixpack can afford to buy and you may get a better deal than you can put together..the only caveat is asking to see it bootup.

+1 Pwnmachine for Gfx card.

I just bought a Sapphire 5830 Extreme for €79 to relpace the HD6950 in my AMD rig (moved to the i7 build).

I've been extremely surprised by this card: overclocked to 980/1200, it plays EVERYTHING maxed out on 1080p without AA (Dirt 2/3, BFBC2, Shift 2 Unleashed...).

Back