• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX GPU Warranty Service – Awesome!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
About 2 weeks ago days ago, the fan stopped on my 9800GT 512MB (2 ½ years old), got so hot from power needs it tripped my 390W APC UPS off and on and warm booted several times on this E8500.

So I shut it down, looked for a place to put a drop of oil to try and save it, no place to put a drop of oil. Cooled it down, cleaned it up and reinstalled: "No video." Fortunately I registered it when new (lifetime warranty), contacted XFX support, explained it all and what I did and got an RMA. XFX inspected it after receipt and said it's destroyed and will be replaced. I mean that sucker was HOT! So hot that it turned the white paper serial number label tan by the time I realized what happened and shut down. No other damage done. Installed a spare passive cooled ATI 3450 in the interim.

I looked at what XFX was offering now and they didn’t have the nVidia 9800GT anymore, they are selling mostly ATI boards, so I had no idea what their replacement would be. New board arrived today: ATI 5750 1mb, a nice upgrade. Transaction took 14 days from RMA to replacement, coast to coast. What can I say? XFX support and lifetime warranties were awesome as long as you register your video card when new.

:rock:

Its always great to see a company stand behind their products! Nice little upgrade there, thats for sure! :)

XFX is an amazing company. I've never had any issues at all out of them. It's rare that their stuff even breaks in the first place. That's why they can put a lifetime warranty on all of it :)

I'm glad to see you had better luck that I did with XFX. I rmaed my 7800gt or 7900gt (it's been awhile), it took over a month and a half from the day I sent them the card. They got it four days later...

New board arrived today: ATI 5750 1mb, a nice upgrade. Transaction took 14 days from RMA to replacement, coast to coast. What can I say? XFX support and lifetime warranties were awesome as long as you register your video card when new.

ATI 5750 w/ 1mb??? Man you should be to play at 400x400 resolution on most games with that:D

I have to RMA a product to them, I hope I get the same result. When I got the product I could not register it. No mater what I tried the website would not accept my product. I was just recently able to activate it, and I am within the 2 year warrenty, though I hope they understand my situation and they extend me the lifetime.

Ive heard mixed things. Some say they can be really tough, some have said they got lesser equivalents or had Nvidia cards changed to ATI (and they where NVIDIA fan's). The biggest complaint is the 48 hour response time on all tickets and every time you have to reply to that ticket. With that said, before I read this, I ordered the replacement card and I made sure it was a XFX.

Many question their warranty policy requiring activation for the lifetime. They say its an attempt to limit liability by asking customers to register when most customers will not. For Me the activation process can be cumbersome at best, and seems a bit dubiously difficult at worse.

I will keep you all informed on the process. They where closed *yesterday* Monday for some reason, so we will see what happens today!

Last edited:
I have to RMA a product to them, I hope I get the same result. When I got the product I could not register it. No mater what I tried the website would not accept my product. I was just recently able to activate it, and I am within the 2 year warrenty, though I hope they understand my situation and they extend me the lifetime.

Ive heard mixed things. Some say they can be really tough, some have said they got lesser equivalents or had Nvidia cards changed to ATI (and they where NVIDIA fan's). With that said, before I read this, I ordered the replacement card and I made sure it was a XFX.

GJ,

Explain clearly to them, I don't know why your item wouldn't register right away.

XFX has changed the bulk of their products to ATI since my purchase so that's why I received an ATI replacement for an nVidia. It didn't make any difference to me, I like each equally and I certainly didn't receive a down-graded replacement.

Both of my registrations went flawlessly (the 9800GT and this new 5750) on-line.

When I worked with their support staff on-line, nothing was confrontational, I did and tested what they asked me to do before given an RMA. They were superb.

It doesn't appear that they will grant me a life time warrenty on the product. They have instead granted me a return based on their standard 2 year warrenty. They are not responding regarding the lifetime warrenty.

It doesn't appear that they will grant me a life time warrenty on the product. They have instead granted me a return based on their standard 2 year warrenty. They are not responding regarding the lifetime warrenty.

For an RMA replacement you get the warranty that came with your original purchase.

About 2 weeks ago days ago, the fan stopped on my 9800GT 512MB (2 ½ years old), got so hot from power needs it tripped my 390W APC UPS off and on and warm booted several times on this E8500.

So I shut it down, looked for a place to put a drop of oil to try and save it, no place to put a drop of oil. Cooled it down, cleaned it up and reinstalled: "No video." Fortunately I registered it when new (lifetime warranty), contacted XFX support, explained it all and what I did and got an RMA. XFX inspected it after receipt and said it's destroyed and will be replaced. I mean that sucker was HOT! So hot that it turned the white paper serial number label tan by the time I realized what happened and shut down. No other damage done. Installed a spare passive cooled ATI 3450 in the interim.

I looked at what XFX was offering now and they didn’t have the nVidia 9800GT anymore, they are selling mostly ATI boards, so I had no idea what their replacement would be. New board arrived today: ATI 5750 1mb, a nice upgrade. Transaction took 14 days from RMA to replacement, coast to coast. What can I say? XFX support and lifetime warranties were awesome as long as you register your video card when new.

XFX is a great company in my opinion.

Back