• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need suggestions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

please help me choosing a board.
i need a socket 370 made by asus. the two im thinking on r cusl2-c and cusl2. what else should i be looking at? i need nothing onboard and u know, i need the best performance and stability a board can offer.
thanks.

Someone will probably jump in ans slap me for making this suggestion, but you might consider the TUSL2. It the little sister of the CUSL2 and it offers Tualatin support. Others have claimed that it's a poor overclocker for the Tually. I have no experience and stopped following that dialogue some time ago.

yeah, me too. i thought on it but the price is a bit high for me now. the both i said will amostl cost nothing more to upgrade. i would be normally looking at reviews but i cant install my vcard drivers, i can barely read texts using this resolution and color depth.
between both i said which one is a better choice?
thanks for your reply.

I don't keep up with Intel hardware very well. That said, the i815 chipset is miserable in Memory BM's. Trouble is, I dunno if Via or anyone else other than Intel makes a chipset that handles the Tualatin processors. Finding out would be worth your time, IMHO.

oTTO said:
yeah, me too. i thought on it but the price is a bit high for me now. the both i said will amostl cost nothing more to upgrade. i would be normally looking at reviews but i cant install my vcard drivers, i can barely read texts using this resolution and color depth.
between both i said which one is a better choice?
thanks for your reply.

Hmm. I don't know the differences between the two, so I can;t offer anything on that. If no one else chimes in, you might check the CPU DB and see which one has more success there.

The TUSL-2C is an excellent overclocking board for the lower Tualatin celerons (1.0A 1.1A) if you plan to run at 133FSB or slightly higher. Otherwise there is no 1/4 divisor before 133 FSB and no 1/5 divisor at all. So if you get a chip that wont do 133 FSB or higher then your SOL with the TUSL-2C

and yep i think C does mean with no onboard video

Why does the Socket 370 board HAVE to be from Asus? The Abit ST6 is a wonderful socket 370 board, supports Tuallys, a great overclocker, and is pretty cheap as well. (I own 2 Asus boards that have been great, so I'm not knocking Asus)

Back