• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Repetitive/irrelevant Information in OCZ RMA process

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
The OCZ RMA process asks for some repetitive information that I already provided. It asks for other information that is not relevant to the information I already provided.

So you submit an RMA ticket, wait 24 hours or so for a response, provide other information they should have requested up front, then wait some more.

These are minor issues, but posting about them here because they are problems and it makes for a slow and aggravating experience when you already have a product of theirs that failed under warranty.

1) Reseller Product was purchased from and Date. (Only products that are purchased from authorized resellers will qualify for warranties and service/support) EBAY is not an authorized Reseller of OCZ.

Microcenter January 2010

2) OCZ Part number

I already provided this information when I created the ticket, why are you asking for it again and wasting my time? My time is already wasted getting this failed component replaced. OCZSSD2-1VTX60G

3) This is your first time RMA with OCZ? If you have 1 or more RMA in the past with OCZ, please list the RMA number or numbers?

First time.

4) If you RMA RAM, how many kits of OCZ RAM you currently have in your system?

Does not apply. Read the information I submitted when I created this RMA request. Quit wasting my time and fulfill the RMA please.

5) If you RMA SSD, are you running raid in your system?

No.

6) Mailing/Shipping Address (We cannot ship to PO Boxes)
Street Address: 1328 Warren Rd Lower
City: Lakewood
State: OH
Zip Code: 44107

7) RMA facility you prefer: USA (California), Canada, The Netherlands, or Taiwan.

USA

8) Serial Number for SSD & USB Drive (if SSD & USB is defective)

SN011390910000247

9) System Configuration and OS (Only for SSD Drives)

Asus CIVE/MIVE, 2x2GB Gskill Trident, 4890/5870 GPU, 1000W BFG PSU, Windows 7

Ya my address is in there. Send booze/money. Preferably before July 1st, I'm moving soon.

ya i just went through an RMA with them... actually in the process.

same thing, submitted my rma request, got an email asking for the same stuff... i went to check on my ticket / ask what was going on yesterday and the ticket was closed, didnt have nuff time to make another asking wtf is going on with my original RMA, where it was at, what i would be getting back etc..

today i come home i have a FedEX notification saying i missed a package delivery... they only thing that i could see being delivered is my ram back from ocz... went on the comp popped in the door tag number into fed ex... some package got shipped from Taiwan YESTERDAY and tried to be delivered today... least they use fast shipping haha.

but i will say their RMA process is lacking in the communication department... i wasnt provided any update after i sent the information from the template you have above... just next thing i know a package from tiawan is trying to be delivered.

I'm also waiting on an RMA and I noticed the same thing. I had the information entered for the ticket and they just ask for it again. In addition to that, I received my FedEx notification today saying that a packaged needed signing for. I have received no word from OCZ when they received the drive, approved or sent the replacement. I don't even know if they are sending the same one back since I didn't have the original documentation (which I had to repeat many times to them).

Not impressed and probably won't buy another OCZ product.

Dang I've never gone thru all that with my RMA with OCZ. I wonder why they're asking for multiple info for the same thing? :rolleyes:

A shame, OCZ used to be on top of my list of company/vendor & RMA services. :rain:

To be fair... In the scheme of things, the problems are pretty minor. It's just annoying to me and I think its a good opportunity for OCZ to polish up the process slightly.

Sounds like most people received their replacements very quickly however, which if I had to choose between convenient and fast, I would probably choose fast. :thup:

it would just be nice to get some type of follow up on the rma process... ie, package received, new product x being shipped out with tracking number x..... not just ticket closed.... then a coupla days later a door tag from fed ex saying hey you got some type of package commin.

They definitely have gone downhill more recently. I have had about 3 RMAs with my current ssd. I am most likely going to get an Intel ssd next.

They definitely have gone downhill more recently. I have had about 3 RMAs with my current ssd. I am most likely going to get an Intel ssd next.

I RMA'ed my Vertex 60Gb. They sent out a new one. Be aware that some drives ship from overseas and may take longer to arrive. The process was not to much of a hassle in my case. In fact, they were nice enough not to hassle me about the receipt (it was a gift).

Well, you are in for at least a two week wait. I'm not too confident about these older Vertex drives with the Indilinix controller. I've had my Intel G1s for longer than this drive and have run it through the wringer (Mathematica ODE simulations i.e tons of small writes) with no problems.

I found the process simple enough with the RAM I RMA'd last year. Maybe things went downhill since then. They even hand tested the new kit and sent me pictures of the process.
It came back from taiwan in 3 days or so, too.

EDIT:
Of course, that was because the previous set they sent back was DOA.

Ya my address is in there. Send booze/money. Preferably before July 1st, I'm moving soon.

LOL, ok! :beer:

With most parcel package shipping services if I was to properly send it labeled "alcohalic, sig req 21+" it would probobly get lost in transit though! :bang head
Good beer around here though!

Took them a month to get me my replacement SSD. "Out of stock here, so let's try here. Nope, that's out of stock too... maybe this one over here?" Finally it shipped out of China. I think i just had a fluke though.

That being said, they did the same thing to me that they did to you. I filled out a ticket, told them which person referred me to an RMA from the OCZ Forums, and then they asked for it all AGAIN.

With all of that being said, my SSD is down to 25% health after roughly two years of use. It looks like it may or may not make it outside of warranty, because that Health reading has slowed down a lot. It would drop a few percent each month before, but now it's holding at 25% for some reason. It'll probably crash down the day after the warranty period.

Last edited:
Took them a month to get me my replacement SSD. "Out of stock here, so let's try here. Nope, that's out of stock too... maybe this one over here?" Finally it shipped out of China. I think i just had a fluke though.

That being said, they did the same thing to me that they did to you. I filled out a ticket, told them which person referred me to an RMA from the OCZ Forums, and then they asked for it all AGAIN.

With all of that being said, my SSD is down to 25% health after roughly two years of use. It looks like it may or may not make it outside of warranty, because that Health reading has slowed down a lot. It would drop a few percent each month before, but now it's holding at 25% for some reason. It'll probably crash down the day after the warranty period.

backup ur stuff n secure erase it... might help things out.

that being said the RMA on my ram was pretty quick, like i said they used 2 day shipping FROM CHINA! ... but there was zero communication as to when they shipped it, tracking number etc etc... it just happened to show up!

They do ship from overseas. Taiwan to be exact, where OCZ makes the drives. It take about 1 week for them to process the RMA, then another week for shipping from Asia to the states.

backup ur stuff n secure erase it... might help things out.

that being said the RMA on my ram was pretty quick, like i said they used 2 day shipping FROM CHINA! ... but there was zero communication as to when they shipped it, tracking number etc etc... it just happened to show up!

I can wear it out near the end if i think it'll be worth it. Just write random data to the drive 30 times with Eraser. (Neat little program. Good for cleaning out HDDs every week or so)

To be fair... In the scheme of things, the problems are pretty minor. It's just annoying to me and I think its a good opportunity for OCZ to polish up the process slightly.

That should be the least or their worries. Or ours for that matter. Ive dealt with them 3 times in the last year or so and I truly believe they are either knowingly making inferior products, or are victims of a terrible OEM chain in Taiwan/China with respect to their flash memory chips and SSDs.

And aside from that, I waited 3 months for the ast RMA due to the Chinese New Year. I understand and accept it is a holiday, but that was ridiculous. I ended up parting ways with the replacement and went with Corsair. Ive been done with OCZ. No looking back, and really no reason to.

That should be the least or their worries. Or ours for that matter. Ive dealt with them 3 times in the last year or so and I truly believe they are either knowingly making inferior products, or are victims of a terrible OEM chain in Taiwan/China with respect to their flash memory chips and SSDs.

And aside from that, I waited 3 months for the ast RMA due to the Chinese New Year. I understand and accept it is a holiday, but that was ridiculous. I ended up parting ways with the replacement and went with Corsair. Ive been done with OCZ. No looking back, and really no reason to.

Posts like this worry me. I have a 60GB OCZ Agility that I purchased a little under a year ago giving me the BSOD along with disappearing from the BIOS. I sent in a ticket and it took them a day to "acknowledge" the RMA request.

So how long does it usually take from sending in the ticket to receiving a replacement from you guys' experience? Not having a working PC is inconvenient and I was hoping to have this resolved quickly.

While he is entitled to that opinion due to his experiences, he is an extreme minority I would imagine. The dissatisfied are also the most vocal. How many problem threads in forums vs. OMGWTFBBQSOS!!!1!!n1!!! I love my .................. ;)

I havent had to RMA an SSD from there, but I did RMA a PSU for a client and the the turnaround was less than two weeks from the day I sent it off to the day it was in my hands. Not bad.

Back