• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II + P4 2.0Ghz - overclock question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigr

I'm new to overclocking and want some tips as to the best method to use in order to find a stable combination. I have a TH7-II and a P4 2.0Ghz currently, using the default softmenu settings.

Does anyone have this combination and can offer a suggested overclock setting ?

Any help most appreciated. Craig

Go into the Softmenu and change the FSB to user define and set it to 120/XXPCI. Then move down to AGP and set it to "fixed" 66, you will now notice the PCI above is now fixed to 33. Keep your voltage at 1.5. Set the RDRAM to 4X and don't touch the differential.

This will put you at 2400 (120x4) and from my experience, no extra voltage is needed. However, you may need a little more, like 1.525 and you will definitely need more to go higher than 2400. That is pretty much it. Good luck, have fun and read some threads here for knowledge.

LJ

Thanks a lot. BTW, I am not on a 2Ghz Northwood - will your suggestions still work effectively ?

Sorry man. No, you will most likely not be able to reach 2.4 or 2.5. I would shoot for 2.2 with an extra volt. Download Prime95 and keep running the torture test until it can run successfully for 24 hours w/o errors. Adjust your voltage up as necessary.

Good luck,

LJ

Nice one. I'll start playing and report back as to how I get on !

Back