• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

As Flames Roar out my ears , i will never buy anything again :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psycogeec

Typical scenario now for doing anything in this industry. I actually quit buying anything each time i am reminded of how little they want my money, how bad the software and hardware is now , how rotten any type of support exists, and how busy they must be talking to eachother and formulating new ways to program code that requires 8 sublevels of some goofy open source thing and connect to 15 places on the web that will be dead links in 6 months.
How busy it must make them to formulate all the ways to avoid us and put us through torturous methods to be able to communicate with some human, through a machine.
a Machine that on THIER side is failing 10 times more often than mine does.

Ya Have Minor problem, mabey software mabey hardware, just a wee thing, need a update, or a bios item, or a driver, just need to tell developer or company something, a 2 min task in 1985, but its 2011 so it goes more like this . . .

4 days of pulling your hair out trying to figure out what is wrong, and trying 50 different versions of some buggy garbage that was programmed in Java, net framework, or even runs off a web page from some broken server out there in La La land. Yes "the Cloud" is going to fix it, LOLOLOL

cryptic errors that are 100% meaningless , but you just hope that the error actually points to what you or it is doing wrong, and spend the next month of your life trying to correct something that wasnt even the problem.

Auto updaters, that have to update themselves monthly because they are buggy pieces of non-operational junk too, then you finnaly get an update , that is merly a Enlargement process, it fixes nothing , but stays hard for more than 4 hours :)

28 hours of Web research, to discover that 1.8million people have the same problem, the company denies even exists. There are 10,000 wize cracks , 8,000 incorrect assumptions, 4,000 you should buy this insteads, and 12,000 "RMA it alreadys".
add to that 50,000 totally wrong answers, and 9000 spammers that sneaked in after the threads had sunk. 14,000 dead links, and 400000 pages of outdated information (in the stickies).
That included having to Log-on to 87 different forums , to read anything, or see the links, all with 7 layer deep authentications, and Cryptic CAPTCHA codes, that only a computer could actually decipher, humans cant. this 87 authentications fail 50% of the time with timeouts or server failures, thanks to the rest of the beloted trash software and hardware that They also have not fixed, or found a stable usable version of. Luckily most of these people never realise that they are also riddled with error , because it disconnects the human existance therin.

Finnaly all you need is some update or firmware , Piece of cake go to thier site download it. Sure ya right.
you get to the site and everything looks like its encoded for a orwellian computer that has taken over humanity and eats humans for power.
Assuming that you find something, nothing is tagged marked and no human other than the developer could possibly understand what that even belongs to.
wwhy729.993 <--- you tell me what hardware this Zip is a driver for :)
somone forgot to tell them that for the last 20 years we have been able to have 255 charachters in a file name, at least 64 would be safe to use.
Parts and pieces, if you ever do find the right one, it is some psycotic COMBO of misnamed things and revisions. you can have the computer sort it out later, it does that so well :)

first you have to log -in to some china site , aparentally in china they have about 27bits of bandwidth for the whole country, but are making trash for the whole world. so each time you type in about 20 cryptic numbers and of model numbers, revisions, firmware revisions , for every piece of hardware on your computer. (remember nobody else has ever had that problem before) Because they didnt make it through the MINEFEILD to tell you.
You type the information into what is little more than a RAW piece of text crap, and ask yourself WTF did it take all this Hell for to do little more than send a Post-It note to them.
Error , jump human , fail, jump human , error, fall human, fail , human pull hair out, error fail, all to send a piece SIMPLE TEXT less than 300 words long , to a human.
Welcome to 1970 :) we can do that.

Think about that again for a moment, you can get up to 4 Failures 3 authentications, 2 log-ins , and ALL your doing is writing 2 things on a post-it note and dumping it in some idiots inbox.

Server times out, apachee has an error, session timesd out, sorry log in again?

Is it no wonder WHY the economy has dissolved into oblivion, so has customer care, so has support, so has the entire infrastructre of communications.

and all i wanted was a cookie.

so go make another Web interface, figure out another authentication and exasperation method, fix your rotting server, pump out more Beta garbage ,or right here, i am Human, i dont fail at every step, in 20 seconds i can tell you the problem, in 20 seconds you can solve it. you wasted your whole life screwing us both.
the only thing that won was the computer, and to it you lost your job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... That was difficult, though entertaining to read. :)

Anyways, I disagree, and I think the computer industry is much closer to on track now than it was in 1995. There are still lots of companies with poor service and systems, however many are getting it right.

So the outsourcing all the hardware to china , and having the manuels written worse than one of my post, removing all technical information, and outsourcing tech support to somone with a accent i cant quite understand (it is me not them) Making software with rotten programming methods beloted to 50 times the size (and doing the same thing) has fixed everything?

Man i gotta get a Mac :)

Typical scenario now for doing anything in this industry. I actually quit buying anything each time i am reminded of how little they want my money, how bad the software and hardware is now , how rotten any type of support exists, and how busy they must be talking to eachother and formulating new ways to program code that requires 8 sublevels of some goofy open source thing and connect to 15 places on the web that will be dead links in 6 months.
How busy it must make them to formulate all the ways to avoid us and put us through torturous methods to be able to communicate with some human, through a machine.
a Machine that on THIER side is failing 10 times more often than mine does.

Yes, some company's support can be abysmal. If you buy nVidia cards, buy eVGA. If you buy AMD/ATI, buy XFX, if you want good RAM, crucial, kingston, ocz, etc. If you stick to the GOOD names, you get good service. The companies who honestly have no place ditching support are the ones doing it when they need it the most, for example, Creative. Good product, but they don't even have a tech number anymore. Buy from companies with good reputations, boom, problem solved. With all due respect, the problem you're having here is likely your fault. If you went to best buy and bought some PNY card or something (maybe they have good support?), that's your problem, not theirs, because you could have bought a product from a company with a proven pedigree/record.

First off, what's wrong with open source? You used the phrase "goofy open source" like it was a bad thing, and what you're talking about are API's, which SIMPLIFY the process of doing whatever task the API had in mind. Complexity is sophistication, and the point of open source is having as much code to draw from as possible and writing as little as possible. So it's a pro, not a con. It's not bloat when most open source software is so lean and clean.

Ya Have Minor problem, mabey software mabey hardware, just a wee thing, need a update, or a bios item, or a driver, just need to tell developer or company something, a 2 min task in 1985, but its 2011 so it goes more like this . . .

4 days of pulling your hair out trying to figure out what is wrong, and trying 50 different versions of some buggy garbage that was programmed in Java, net framework, or even runs off a web page from some broken server out there in La La land. Yes "the Cloud" is going to fix it, LOLOLOL
In my case, it took me a YEAR to figure out my issue, and it was an issue with intel processors and using 4 sticks of RAM in conjunction with SLI. Just way too much activity for the QPI to handle.

cryptic errors that are 100% meaningless , but you just hope that the error actually points to what you or it is doing wrong, and spend the next month of your life trying to correct something that wasnt even the problem.

I had this issue, my nVidia driver crashed frequently, no tech support could accurately diagnose the issue. I replaced every part of my PC.

Auto updaters, that have to update themselves monthly because they are buggy pieces of non-operational junk too, then you finnaly get an update , that is merly a Enlargement process, it fixes nothing , but stays hard for more than 4 hours :)
Most software that utilizes an auto updater that I use is pretty stable. What software are you referring to?
28 hours of Web research, to discover that 1.8million people have the same problem, the company denies even exists. There are 10,000 wize cracks , 8,000 incorrect assumptions, 4,000 you should buy this insteads, and 12,000 "RMA it alreadys".
add to that 50,000 totally wrong answers, and 9000 spammers that sneaked in after the threads had sunk. 14,000 dead links, and 400000 pages of outdated information (in the stickies).
It took you 28 hours to find out about such a common issue? What were you searching for that caused it to be so hard to find? Now my issue, almost nobody has. :\
That included having to Log-on to 87 different forums , to read anything, or see the links, all with 7 layer deep authentications, and Cryptic CAPTCHA codes, that only a computer could actually decipher, humans cant. this 87 authentications fail 50% of the time with timeouts or server failures, thanks to the rest of the beloted trash software and hardware that They also have not fixed, or found a stable usable version of. Luckily most of these people never realise that they are also riddled with error , because it disconnects the human existance therin.
I'm confused.
Finnaly all you need is some update or firmware , Piece of cake go to thier site download it. Sure ya right.
Been there done that. Most of the time it's just a stall tactic and I agree. Do you have teh latest drivers/bios/etc? Yes, okay then I'll help you.
you get to the site and everything looks like its encoded for a orwellian computer that has taken over humanity and eats humans for power.
Flash?
Assuming that you find something, nothing is tagged marked and no human other than the developer could possibly understand what that even belongs to.
somone forgot to tell them that for the last 20 years we have been able to have 255 charachters in a file name, at least 64 would be safe to use.
Parts and pieces, if you ever do find the right one, it is some psycotic COMBO of misnamed things and revisions. you can have the computer sort it out later, it does that so well :)
The only company whom's drivers I've hard tiem getting is realtek's drivers.
first you have to log -in to some china site , aparentally in china they have about 27bits of bandwidth for the whole country, but are making trash for the whole world. so each time you type in about 20 cryptic numbers and of model numbers, revisions, firmware revisions , for every piece of hardware on your computer. (remember nobody else has ever had that problem before) Because they didnt make it through the MINEFEILD to tell you.
You type the information into what is little more than a RAW piece of text crap, and ask yourself WTF did it take all this Hell for to do little more than send a Post-It note to them.
Error , jump human , fail, jump human , error, fall human, fail , human pull hair out, error fail, all to send a piece SIMPLE TEXT less than 300 words long , to a human.
Welcome to 1970 :) we can do that.
It's not a connection issue, they have super fast internet. The problem is those chinese companies are too cheap to put a server stateside, which would resolve your issue. It's an issue of distance, not of bandwidth.
Think about that again for a moment, you can get up to 4 Failures 3 authentications, 2 log-ins , and ALL your doing is writing 2 things on a post-it note and dumping it in some idiots inbox.

Server times out, apachee has an error, session timesd out, sorry log in again?

Is it no wonder WHY the economy has dissolved into oblivion, so has customer care, so has support, so has the entire infrastructre of communications.

and all i wanted was a cookie.

I agree, there are a lot of support failures out there. That's why these communities exist. :)

so go make another Web interface, figure out another authentication and exasperation method, fix your rotting server, pump out more Beta garbage ,or right here, i am Human, i dont fail at every step, in 20 seconds i can tell you the problem, in 20 seconds you can solve it. you wasted your whole life screwing us both.
the only thing that won was the computer, and to it you lost your job.

Regardless of how nice computers get there will always be things I prefer to do in person, work with money is a good example. :0

So the outsourcing all the hardware to china , and having the manuels written worse than one of my post, removing all technical information, and outsourcing tech support to somone with a accent i cant quite understand (it is me not them) Making software with rotten programming methods beloted to 50 times the size (and doing the same thing) has fixed everything?

Or come to a board like this to figure out what brands to buy.

Get a eVGA motherboard, evga video card, intel processor, corsair ram, corsair power supply, corsair cooler, and BAM. You have great support across most of your pc, with a lot of it lifetime, and most of it 5 years +.

It took you 28 hours to find out about such a common issue?

consencus, when on the web looking for solution, i am looking for what the actual problem is, not how it was fixed with some hacked driver with bugs, or workedaround (aka there has to be a better way).
also
sometimes the search will have many many people asking about the problem, threads 2-20 posts long, but no one walked away with a solution or a real solution.
and if it was fixed the User didnt come back and say what did it.
Often i have found my own solution, or workaround, but do try to inform others when i find it.

So there are many leads in the search , but no answers. and of course any actual Fault in the hardware goes without admission.
many of the real faults of the software go without ever having fixed it.
sometimes it would take 2 seconds for the company to say WE goofed, you WorkAround it like this.
Workarounds, not fixes are a way of life now, so it wouldnt kill them to say it.

At the point of admission, i can decide that the workaround Is indeed the only way, and live with it like that, or stop the madness and bail.
Instead i DO find the solution itself often, and of course I STILL cant tell the company because of the layers of BS to get that post-it note to them.
this did not happen before, i have been an unwilling beta fixer with easy communications before.
and now everything is just beta , it is all hope and pray, yes indeed complex, but often for no logical reason to get that complex.

Last edited:

Hardware has been rooted in Asia for quite some time. That isn't an outsourcing issue, I haven't heard of many "Americans" losing their jobs making computer PCBs and CPUs.

If you don't like the commercial software, run linux or mac. I have gone the linux route for a few years and was very happy with the experience... Like when you first started using windows, it just has a learning curve initially. Current popular distributions are very user friendly and "just work" for the most part.

I have never seen a manual written worse than your post either. :) Some have a bit of poor english, but they have almost always gotten the job done for me. :shrug:

I have never seen a manual written worse than your post either

i am going to blame them for that too :)
They want model numbers, serial numbers revisions, names addresses , and a proper description of the problem.
then put up some cryptic garbage Captcha that Es look like Os and Rs look like Ns , and about 2 rounds of messed up off language nonsensical Capcha entries.
and then i get "session time out" , that would not be a big problem, if it was not for the other Layers of problems and hoops.
I have to go through them AGAIN, time to get the notepad out, formulate everything, have it all on hand, and boom eroor 127 apachee ? or some other crasyeness.

30 seconds to live , and $300 to give, then it all ends badly ;-)

The forums have people from 27 different languages, each using thier own version of english.
the developers cant talk anything but techno babble Sales words they learned from computer sales.
the person who know or make the real fix speaks only german
The tech support speaks phinglish
and the manuel is in broken english.

it is simply all thier fault, has nothing to do with me :)

lets not even talk about then needing an RMA :)

If i was the CEO i would subject them to thier own support process for 30 days, if they dont make it the 30 days, fire em!

Last edited:
If you are volunteering for the editing work to make it more than a ramble, I vote yes. It's certainly entertaining. :) As RT mentioned, its very general and doesn't have a clear narrative though.

If you are volunteering for the editing work to make it more than a ramble, I vote yes. It's certainly entertaining. :) As RT mentioned, its very general and doesn't have a clear narrative though.

All vendors are not like this, some are. To whitewash the whole industry with one brush serves no purpose.

Yep, they forgot to tell them that you have been able to use 255 characters for 16 years now!

I've uploaded a rough draft in the admin area, but I should have something up for you by tomorrow...lol. Psycogeek's rant is off the chain entertainment. :)

Get a eVGA motherboard, evga video card, intel processor, corsair ram, corsair power supply, corsair cooler, and BAM. You have great support across most of your pc, with a lot of it lifetime, and most of it 5 years +.

I'll agree with all of that, except I have to wonder whether Intel CPU support is really any different than AMD's support. I've never had a bad CPU (TI, AMD, Intel, and DEC 386/486 chips, Pentium 1, Pentium 2, Pentium 3, Athlon XP, 2x Athlon 64, 4x Core 2 Duo, Phenom X4, 2x Core 2 Quad, Phenom II X6), so I can't say myself whether either support is better than the other, but I've also never read any rants about either one being bad.

Too generalized, nothing specific. There is no vendor mentioned.

I could mention each one as i experience similar problems, but it is never the same problems, or i would have it figured out by now.
I think it is as much a disservice to limit it to to the few i am fed up with, as it broad brushes an industry.
if your guilty you know who you are, if your not , then you know it.

As mentioned there are companies that do lots of support nicely, even for people who dont pre-research, or try and figure it out on thier own.
I could imagine that reading some people the manuel over the phone, :) has caused them to want to crawl away from the customers.
so
I can understand some of the reasons.

My only Kudos would go to the companies, that have been mentioned, that I never ever had to test thier tech-support at all.
Thier items just work, they work with other things, they work today, they work out of the box. The good stuff might not EVER have a firmware update, because it was done well the first time.
I only ever become the person asking for change, or firmware when i find that the product is unsuitable.
and if it was, it is likly that it always will be. it is only the Hope itself killing the dream.

Did someone vollenteer to be Editor? Good luck with that task :burn:

Yep, they forgot to tell them that you have been able to use 255 characters for 16 years now!

i think the amiga computer was able to use full file names, and we had those in 1985-6, so mabey more than 20 years?
But i should not blame anyone for sticking with safe 8.3 dos compatable naming conventions , when it is pure insurance under all conditions. Untill say 2005-7 ? when real dos didnt even exist on the systems they are getting the drivers for.
and they are ZIPS, so if they were headed To a real dos, the zip could still be tagged.

I wont mention the "comments Field" as it can get ignored and dropped off at a whim by software too. again something that did not occur 24 years ago in an amiga.

But the Funnest one of them all has to be the drivers on the system, that doesnt have any identity anywhere ? If i could just remember which hardware put that on. oh thats right Microsoft, the ones who created the system for tagging them, and demands that others do.

. . . . . . . . . The entirety of this post is a fictious parody of what really happens, while persons of the same name and company might exist in the real world, those persons and companies in this post are not the ones in the real world. . . . . .

Me: Hello, tech support please . . .

Them: music - - - - music - - - - music - - - -We think your call is important - - - music - --- music
(30 minutes later on long distance call)

Them: Hi my name is greg, how can i help you today

Me: Hi i have the blinko 88 adapter, and the BIOS that is on the CD you provided will not flash this revision of the card, i downloaded the 2 off the web and they also are not compatable flash roms for this eprom. I am using the blinko flash utility, and i have tried it using Dos also.

Them: Did you try and flash the BIOS from the CD

Me: :shrug: yes sir, i tried to flash using the ones that came on the CD and it will not work on this revision of the card. I am using the blinko flash utility

Them: Ok you go to web site at WW2Blinko/bios

Me: :( Yes sir i am at that location now and i do not see any other bios than the ones i have tried from there the software specifically states that the Eprom size is 84k and the flash i am trying to put on is 66k. (or some such thing)

Them: then you must use the one from the cd , and you will have to flash it from dos

Me: :rolleyes: is there a possibility that this is the wrong cd , i have revision 74.32 of the card, do you have a rom that will flash to that revision of the card? the Blinko flash utility shows this error (paste in actual error) the dos utility shows the same errror.

Them: You have to use the binko flash utility.

Me: :bang headYes i am using the blinko flash utility , but i have also tried flashing using a dos disk, and it still will not work. do you just think you could check and see if there is a bios for this revision.

Them: Oh no, you cannot flash it from dos, you have to use the blinko flash utility

Me: i have USED the blinko flash utility, and i get this error, i have used the dos utility also, do you have a bios for this revisision revision 74.32 of the card.

(long pause -- music --- click - - - - dead air - - - - -) :censored:
wait wait wait, beep beep beep , please hang up and try again
redial

Them: music - - - - music - - - - music - - - -We think your call is important - - - music - --- music
(25 minutes later on long distance call)

Them: Hello blinko tech support.

Me: Hi i was just talking to Greg, can i talk to greg again we got cut off, i think he was checking something for me.

Them: there is no greg in this office , were you talking to bangezze?

Me: no i was talking to greg, look can i talk to your supervisor

(long pause -- music --- music ---- music - - - - -)

Them: Hello this is bangezze, how can i help you today
(it is "Greg" oh well)

Me : I have the blinko 88 adapter rev 74.32 , i am trying to flash to the new bios to fix the card (paste in error)

- - - -(for the sake of brevity, as you all know we go through the first 57 lines of this script all over again)- - - - -

Them: I am very sorry , you have to use the blinko utility to flash

Me: :mad: I use the blinko utility , i believe the rom does not work with this card, did you see the error? do you know what that error means? I just need the rom itself to work with that revision. I also tried it in dos it does not work, same error.

(long pause -- music --- music ---- music - - - - -)

Them: You cannot use the blinko utility with that revision of the card, you have to do it in DOS.

Me: :argue: I have tried it on dos, i have tried the rom on the cd, and both roms on the web, it seems that the Rom does not fit the eprom on the card, i NEED THE ROM itself that works with revision 74.32 of the card.

Them: then you will have to go to ww2.blinko/bios and download it from there.

Me: i have done that, can i talk to your supervisor or a tech that can help, i have a different revision of the card, it doesnt work.

Them: well you have to use the blinko utility :fight:

. . . . . . . . . The entirety of this post is a fictious parody of what really happens, while persons of the same name and company might exist in the real world, those persons and companies in this post are not the ones in the real world. . . . . . .

Last edited:
Below is real:) Edited out information.

Me:
I am looking for this particular video card as a replacement for my Sapphire HD3850 as well as for review as a quiet mid powered alternative video solution.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can not find it anywhere. I was wondering if it was still being produced and if so where can I buy this card. Any help and direction you can provide would be very helpful.

Kevin
--
Them:

First check to make sure your motherboard supports PCIE 2.0v slot if it doesn’t it will not be compatible with this card.

Tech

---
Me:

For one I believe that 2.0 is 100% backward compatible with 1.0 and also that has nothing to do with my question.

Do you still make the cards and where can I get one.

Kevin

---
Them:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that, but from my experience this card is PCIE 2.1v and it is only backward compatible to PCIE 2.0v slot so if you want to try it out you can, but I would say if your old card is HD3850 most likely your MB is carrying PCIE 1.0v slot.

Tech

----
ME:

First off you have not tried to answer my question as much as you have tried to make yourself feel smart. I am running a GA-890GPA-UD3H with plenty of memory and some raids and a lot of other stuff. I find your attitude rather smug and sickening. Could you forward all of this correspondence to your supervisor or should I make a phone call?

Kevin

----
Them:

What is your number we will have XXXXXXXXXXXXXX contact you over the phone.

-----------

End Email Correspondance.

The phone call went very well and I am very satisfied. I just thought this fit right in here.

Last edited:
Oh activation sooo much fun.
i lost the licence file for adobee photoshop, that is stored to disk, when data shifing.
program runs, then it comes up and I push the ACTIVATE button.
wait wait, sorry you will have to use phone activation, use these numbers
Both numbers are dead, one is no longer connected, the other goes to a fax (events like that were predicted by techs years ago, that and the company itself not-existing at all)
go on the web get some new numbers
finnaly get through on the phone

to computer, keypad time.
1045 - 1737 - 8872 - 4277 - 8319 - 1067 (munged)

i put this AND that into the phone keypad exactally right, checked it

6945 - 5061 - 7074 - 5587 - 4017 - 7627 - 0058 - 0495
nope, put it in one more time
nope I check the number again 2 times while on hold forever.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 38 minutes on hold with the worlds crappiest phone music player . . . . . .

Finnaly a real human
give human code , again, again, again, recreate new code, give new code again, no code via his computer yet.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 09 minutes on hold with the worlds crappiest phone music player . . . . . .
Give code again, the same one, whatever he is doing different, it finnaly works.
the computer he is using finnaly provides the golden numbers.

total time ~50 minutes.
I wont list the alternative, the time it takes to download the crack, because that is just wrong,:)

last time (years ago) it took Adobee themselves ~2 hours, 1 operator, + 2 techs On the phone, to figure out why it would not work. i am glad they have it figured out this time.
i have no accent, we are reading and checking the numbers to eachother like were both in pre-school, but the computer did not understand the Upgrade.

total cost to adobee now ~$159.37 + benefits , cost of program upgrade that i paid $100
total loss so far for adobee ~$59.37+ and i am still using the program, soo chances are good it wont be the last.

I hope sales are UP :)

Last edited:
Back