• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Question of non recieved items

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pomop

Registered
Hey guys, so I've been buying online for awhile now but have had a minor what if moment. If I buy something online (Newegg typically, <3 them) and I don't receive the item, what then? Do I take it up with UPS or will Newegg ship a replacement? What would I have to go through if it's the second scenario?

If this is in the wrong forums, my apologies. Didn't think anywhere else would be appropriate, and this is about vendor discussions. XD

If they shipped the item (i.e. they didn't rip you off), either you or NewEgg could put in a request to UPS to find a package. If it was business, I'd let them start the claim. If it was a private sale, I'd probably put it in.

Not sure if I fully understand. I'm going to be buying a SSD when I get my next paycheck, and as you know they're quite expensive. I know newegg won't rip me off because they're awesome, but I have had in the past packages from UPS and fed ex not reach me. For example, a few years back I got cable and they said they sent me the modem. 2 weeks go by and I still haven't received said modem, so I call up the internet company. They said I should have received it, etc etc, and then they sent another one after a lot of questions.

If the same happens with newegg, will they pretty much say "sucks to be you" or will they send a replacement?

Thanks for the quick response btw :D

Whether they send another one or not depends on the situation and the representative you speak with. They have no obligation to send a replacement. They will, however, file a claim with UPS to find the lost package. If UPS can't find it, NewEgg should send you one or refund your money. You aren't going to be screwed out of the drive or the money.

Whether they send another one or not depends on the situation and the representative you speak with. They have no obligation to send a replacement. They will, however, file a claim with UPS to find the lost package. If UPS can't find it, NewEgg should send you one or refund your money. You aren't going to be screwed out of the drive or the money.

Alright, awesome. Thanks! :D

Back