• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just found out how friendly a bunch you lot really are =]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jameseboy

AND I'm being serious.

Signed up to some more local forums and posted my my first proper mod (which was an acrylic bench station) and instead of the usual constructive criticism and help and congratulations you get here, they basically ripped it to pieces saying it was a waste of time and effort.

Also signed up to another uk based overclocking forum (not overclockers.co.uk in case anyone thinks this) and when i posted to see if anyone could help me with my system they basically told me my hardware was a load of S*** and i should just not bother with it and just replace it all (which i will add that many of us cant afford to do every 6 months when something new and powerful comes out)

I understand this is a bit of rant, but im kinda majorly PEEVED off.

So thank you all on OCF.
Yous are A real FRIENDLY community.

Sorry to hear that.(I'm Scotch too.Actually,Scotch-Irish)
I guess,when they would have more money than common sense,that would make them snobs.
And then the "holier-than-thou" types.....Don't need them either.
I primarily read here.Not much on posting.
These members are willing to help.
Even though been in computers for about 20 years,I still have a tendency to learn more.
Come back when you can.
Oh,and WELCOME !!:clap:

Dont get to ahead of yourself :p I have had my mods ripped apart on here aswell, it all depends on the individual person, but tolarance for newbies is alot better on here then 10years ago.

I find it alot friendlier now then 10yrs ago for sure.

Glad to hear this :) Course yes there are some that do rip apart others in here and say why not switch this for that, etc. Though as you said not everyone can upgrade everything all the time. Sort of why im sitting with my current rig still, and haven't upgraded to a SB like I would of a few years ago, instead I just seem to upgrade all the other parts.

Personally, i dont mind the why dont you change this for that comments. There productive and helpful sometimes. thats why im still sitting on my core 2 quad 8200, i would love to have the system you have tbh. XD

Back