• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy TH7-II or P4T-E with 600mhz DRCGs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadow

Registered
FOUND!!! Where to buy TH7-II or P4T-E with 600mhz DRCGs?

If anyone who purchased a TH7-II or P4T-E with 600mhz DRCGs recently could please tell me where and when they made the purchase I would REALLY appreciate it.

thnx, shadow

EDIT*******************************

Phalanx on asusboards alerted me to ATACOM.com having this:

"ASUS P4TE FOR P4 478 PIN CPU W/AUDIO (W/ ICS CLOCK GENERATOR-NEW REV.)"

I called and confirmed -13 ICS chips.

happy O/Cing!

EDIT*******************************

Last edited:
when?

when did you pick yours up - and are you sure they are 600mhz DRCGs?

shadow

I bought it about 2.5 weeks ago and it came with the latest BIOS and the 600 generator chips. I looked at the mobo. The first good sign that my mobo was hot off the assembly line was it having the current BIOS. Lots of folks with Northwoods have had a tough time getting going because their TH7II arrived with the 37/Wilmanette BIOS.

I paid $192 w/2 day shipping.

how do yoy know if you have the 600mhz?

what does it say on the board?

my TH7II had the 38 Bios already on it, so maybe i have the better clock generator too.

you are looking for:

two identical chips with either a ICS on the first line or a CYP on the last line.

let us know what you have - give the rest of the number if it's the ICS, the -03 is 400mhz part, the -13 is the 600mhz part (end of second line)

Just an FYI, my TH7-II from Newegg came with the ICS 9212-03 DRCGs, which I believe are 400 Mhz parts. It's running at 533, so there must be some tolerance built in.
I believe that the 533-600 Mhz ICS chips are 9212-13?

Anyway, I have 2 TI 533 Mhz parts ready to go in if need be, but right now 2.1GB/PC1066 is running fine and I'm happy.

thanks for the info ginfest

sorry about that LarryJoe, I didn't scroll up (yeah blame it on the small monitor....)

:D

Hey, no prob shadow. I should have probably wrote bite more and linked it the first time. Good luck with TH7II and northy overclocking.

ginfest, what BIOS did that newegg TH7II ship with?

Back