• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg going downhill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

I'm starting to see a trend with Newegg the past couple of months. My latest gripe, I ordered another LG 32" HD LCD TV on Monday for my brother (I'm the friends and family purchaser) so I get all the automated emails telling me my card has been charged, etc..... I chose the 3 day UPS shipping so I told him he would have it by the weekend for sure (he was going to buy it at the local BB but I figured I would save him sales tax and have it in a couple days) well my order wasn't processed until 11:00PM on Tuesday, hmmm that's strange but no big deal it will still be here by Friday so that's cool. NOPE, checked the tracking and the delivery date is 7/18/11. For 3 day shipping??? I know it says on the website it can take up to 48 hours for processing so please don't link me to that! It was processed in 24 hours and shipped on Tuesday according to my tracking info and it won't be here until Monday?! That equals 5 day shipping in my book which is unacceptable to me, so I shoot an email first thing this morning to customer support to find out what's going on. I still haven't got any response, this has happened way too much for me the past couple of months.

I recommend this place to a lot of people and tell them the service and shipping are amazing and lately people are rolling their eyes at me when items take 3 days to process and a week to ship! BB seems to be right there with Newegg on prices lately so I think I'm finally giving up on Newegg and shopping locally and i'll inform the others to do the same.

Ok my rant is over, thank you and have a nice weekend....... :escape:

EDIT: I hate to be one of those people, and I'm usually not but this has been bugging me for a while now so that's why I posted this. I don't post hate threads from a one time incident so that's not what this is. I'm tired of their lack of customer service and loyalty, I spend an ***-LOAD of money with them and if they don't respect that they can kiss my ***! :popcorn:

Last edited:
I ordered an open box 6950 from newegg and received a gtx 460 instead. Newegg won't give me a partial refund and I have to wait 1-2 weeks after they receive the card to get my money back. The only reason I bought the card was to fill the gap between my RMA with MSI but instead I got $230 on hold for possibly 3 weeks.

Dylskee, wouldn't this be the fault of the shipper? I'm confused on how it is Newegg's fault.

Dylskee, wouldn't this be the fault of the shipper? I'm confused on how it is Newegg's fault.

Isn't Newegg the one shipping it? I thought so.......

Like I stated, this isn't an isolated incident it's a re-occurrence that's starting to :censored::censored::censored::censored: me off so that's why I posted this. Not because it happened once or twice but it's becoming an every time occurrence. So I'm a little confused myself but thanks for the useful post. :thup:

Newegg hands it off to UPS, they aren't the ones delivering to your door nor are they telling them to take longer as a method of torture.

What does the date received show, according to UPS?

Newegg hands it off to UPS, they aren't the ones delivering to your door nor are they telling them to take longer as a method of torture.

What does the date received show, according to UPS?

It left 7/12/11

Last edited:
I'm still confused then. You ordered Monday (11th) and it was handed to UPS on Tuesday (12th). That is within their "48 hour" window they gave you. Once it is out of Newegg's hands, how is it their fault it will be late? Honestly speaking, I don't care either way, I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to say. If you don't want to discuss it, fine, just say so and I'll leave the thread. You created a thread ranting about Newegg, so it is natural for someone to come in and ask questions to try and understand the situation.

Going based on the last entry in that picture, there is a chance it might arrive tomorrow.

I'm still confused then. You ordered Monday (11th) and it was handed to UPS on Tuesday (12th). That is within their "48 hour" window they gave you. Once it is out of Newegg's hands, how is it their fault it will be late? Honestly speaking, I don't care either way, I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to say. If you don't want to discuss it, fine, just say so and I'll leave the thread. You created a thread ranting about Newegg, so it is natural for someone to come in and ask questions to try and understand the situation.

Going based on the last entry in that picture, there is a chance it might arrive tomorrow.

I know and I'm sorry if my reply seemed rude (because it did) I'm just frustrated with this crap. I understand what you're saying but you have to realize when you order from one company and you continuously get burned by their carrier and you complain to said vendor and they continuously ignore you or give you an automated reply you begin to wonder "Why am I buying from these jack wagons?" Then it becomes Newegg's problem and if they don't see it like that then it's my problem if I continue to purchase from them. And a lot of other people will start buying somewhere else to avoid the BS. Sorry for my rudeness Thid, I know you're just trying to be the voice of reason.

No problem, I don't mind. I deal with angry customers on a daily basis and know that it isn't directed at me. I don't take comments personally and only want to offer assistance where it is wanted.

While Newegg could offer to ship with another company, they probably have a contract with UPS to not use other carriers (USPS, Fedex). Newegg also has no pull when it comes to fixing issues within another company. They are simply a customer of UPS. I'm sure that if this is a constant problem and enough people report it, they will reconsider the next time the contract goes up for bids. Have you used the live chat on their website to discuss it? They may be able to give some sort of compensation for the shipping troubles.

The option to "vote with your money" is always a very real option. It is a bit more inconvenient, but it is better than feeding the problem directly.

I'm still waiting on Newegg to get my RAM on a truck... they're being really slow with my last order. It's been roughly 30 hours since i put my order in, and they just now got around to giving me a tracking number. :shrug: Maybe all the employees are watching Harry Potter or something...

Well I just checked the tracking number this morning and it's still at the destination scan from 4:00 PM yesterday and I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Then my dogs start barking like crazy running down stairs and after a couple of minutes they stop and I go downstairs to see what's going on and there is the monitor sitting in the driveway! :shrug: So much for live tracking, aren't they supposed to scan the packages as they go on the truck? But you were right Thid, I guess I shouldn't have gotten my panties in a bunch.

I find that UPS does this frequently. They say the package will arrive a few days after it should and deliver it "early". Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I find that UPS does this frequently. They say the package will arrive a few days after it should and deliver it "early". Not sure if this is intentional or not.
Sounds more like an error with the tracking to me. With three day shipping, if the package is received on the 12th, it's guaranteed by UPS to arrive no later than the 15th. If it had arrived on Monday, like the tracking info showed, UPS must refund the shipping cost to you. That would probably be handled through Newegg, not through UPS directly. I'm sure Newegg would make good on a claim like that, too.

Last newegg order I placed I got the email with the tracking number six days after I got the package. Pretty sure that's a record.

Sounds more like an error with the tracking to me. With three day shipping, if the package is received on the 12th, it's guaranteed by UPS to arrive no later than the 15th. If it had arrived on Monday, like the tracking info showed, UPS must refund the shipping cost to you. That would probably be handled through Newegg, not through UPS directly. I'm sure Newegg would make good on a claim like that, too.

Up 2 posts, he received it :)

Huge rant thread over nothing. Can we change the title to Newegg Crisis Averted! :facepalm:

And like others said. You ordered and they shipped within 24 hours, thats all you can ask of a company really. They did their job even if it had not arrived.

Up 2 posts, he received it :)

Huge rant thread over nothing. Can we change the title to Newegg Crisis Averted! :facepalm:

And like others said. You ordered and they shipped within 24 hours, thats all you can ask of a company really. They did their job even if it had not arrived.

If you read the entire post you would see that it isn't just this time I had the issue! :rolleyes: Man, I'm just going to have a Mod delete this.......

If you read the entire post you would see that it isn't just this time I had the issue! :rolleyes: Man, I'm just going to have a Mod delete this.......

I think they're having pretty major issues with their electronic systems.

Apparently, in the last 2 hours, they've processed everything, generated a tracking number, put the RAM on a truck, and gotten it halfway across the country....? :sly:

I think they're having pretty major issues with their electronic systems.

Apparently, in the last 2 hours, they've processed everything, generated a tracking number, put the RAM on a truck, and gotten it halfway across the country....? :sly:

LOL! Seems to be the case for the last couple of months. I've been shopping with Newegg for years and I have never had a bunch of consecutive bad purchases in the past.

LOL! Seems to be the case for the last couple of months. I've been shopping with Newegg for years and I have never had a bunch of consecutive bad purchases in the past.

Same. I think it's mostly on UPS though... as for my stuff actually being late anyway. Not sure about this tracking/information update glitch that i just saw... maybe they were installing the new Hyperspace Package Transport System?

Back