• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody have any experience with MSI RMAs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hajalie24

I sent my 6950 to them and received this e-mail a couple days later.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are currently out of stock of suitable or comparable replacements for your unit(s). In this case we will need to provide you with a refund based on the market value of $240.00. Will you accept this refund?

I don't want a refund, what do you think they would do? When I called them they said I should receive an e-mail tomorrow, but I've been sending support messages to them for the past week and I noticed I only get 1 e-mail a day from them.

Last edited:
Well I never got any e-mails but I called them and they said they are going to give me a 6970 in return! It's the reference version though, but still a nice upgrade anyway.

Yeah, had to contact them when my netbook failed to POST. Even though I contacted them solely through email, their responses were quick (within half an hour) and after the two or three emails it took to make sure I did try everything I could do on my end, they issued an RMA. I think the entire round trip took a week and a half, maybe two weeks, so considering it was shipped to CA and back it didn't take long at all. Could have been a lot worse.

What card did you send in?

MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II

The card unlocks the full shaders though so it's not much of an upgrade, the cooler is now going to be worse but at least I can now use my sound card without it blocking the fan.

Back