• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dealextreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SMOKEU

I've never had any dealings with Dealextreme before, so what are they like to deal with?

I've seen that most things on there are ridiculously cheap (even after converted to $NZ), and I see that their postage is free all over the world. How can the postage be free if the postage costs would normally exceed the value of the item being sold? How do they make a profit that way? I've imported the odd thing from the USA before and even something small and light like a gamepad would be around $80 postage.

It almost sounds too good to be true that they give free shipping on such low value items.

They usually get here after about 2 months when I have already forgotten that I have ordered them in the first place.

As for quality, I think you get your money's worth most of the time.

couldnt have said it better than IgnitedX did.
by the time your stuff arrives . . .
sometimes it isnt just cheap china junk, but it must have been what was already returned at some tech store in china.

I Got fully ripped off by them via a Backorder, lost $40 , which was most of the order, they sent only the cheap junk that i ordered to fill the spaces .
at the time Paypal offered ZERO protection, because they didnt qualify for it

used to be cheaper than they are. shipping free :)

IF you can find the same stuff on e-bay, and now more often you can. the seller is going to be pressured to deliver more timely, and you have a little bit more protection as a buyer. Even if it is DX themselves selling on e-bay.
if you cant, many buyers from them suggest only getting ONE item at a time there, they cant very well screw up that order.

i have only bought small (less than 8ish usd) items... stuff usually gets to me here in southern ca in about 7-10 business days. and all the stuff i have bought (various usb blutooth adaptors, pata to sata adaptor etc etc) have all worked without problems.

The stuff works and takes about 2 weeks to arrive. If quality is not as issue and you want it cheap then Dealextreme is the place for you.

i think its free shipping because even though they are cheap on price they are still making money, its like buying it right out of the chinese factory pretty much

My phone just arrived from DX a couple of days ago. It took around 5 weeks to arrive, and I have to say that the quality seems to be pretty good. If it had a Nokia or Samsung logo on the front then most people would believe it's the real thing.

The screen is very nice, and the touch screen works as it should. Overall it appears to be a really nice phone. It's this model here http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-5-lc...quadband-gsm-tv-cell-phone-w-gps-silver-71967

I've only ordered one Chinese knock-off product (not from dealextreme), an iPod mini rip off. Was the biggest piece of junk I've ever used, and quite frankly, turned me off from ever trying a Chinese knock-off ever again.

Back