• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Cherry Picked" CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a ripoff.
Literally every single 2500k on the planet can do 4.8ghz.

They look to be roughly the same outfit that sold "turbo cherry picked zomg awesome extreme" 980x CPUs for $1400 bucks and recommended wildly unsafe voltages be used.
Or, sold cpus that flat out did not exist.

The term "cherry picked" means to test a bunch of processors/hardware to find the best one.

Yes, definately beware. Number 1, its from Taiwan. Number 2, Like Bob said almost all will do 4.8...YMMV

Oh yeah, it's an ES CPU too, so technically it's stolen property.
That there CPU belongs to Intel.

Thanks for the info, I figured cherry picked was testing a bunch and picking the top ones. Also please note, I was not planning on buying it, more just curious what he meant.

AW man I thought mine was special doing 4.8:cry:

These guys have the seller pegged. It is a good thing you thought enough to ask or you may have had a bad day when you over paid for nothing special.

Anothe thing ES processors are really not to be sold. Keep them, trade up, give them back, give them away or trash them. It is jerks like this and those that leak stuff with early ES chips that make it harder and harder for some honest people to get them from Intel and AMD.

AW man I thought mine was special doing 4.8:cry:

These guys have the seller pegged. It is a good thing you thought enough to ask or you may have had a bad day when you over paid for nothing special.

Anothe thing ES processors are really not to be sold. Keep them, trade up, give them back, give them away or trash them. It is jerks like this and those that leak stuff with early ES chips that make it harder and harder for some honest people to get them from Intel and AMD.

Never knew that about ES chips as well. This forum rocks, so much great info available.

I'm going to be buying my i5 at a store using price match, I'm a bit weary of buying PC parts off evilbay.

If you're careful and lucky, ebay rocks.
I prefer the classifieds here, friends, or brand new from stores though, so I think you're making the right decision.

If you're careful and lucky, ebay rocks.
I prefer the classifieds here, friends, or brand new from stores though, so I think you're making the right decision.

I've been pretty lucky with ebay as far as it goes. I've only had two items not show and Paypal sided with me. As a seller I've had zero problems, a couple moans about shipping but I refuse to ship with out tracking.
I'm working on post count for the classifieds here. From what I've seen most people on here are nice to there gear so a good deal can be had.

Back