• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm pretty upset with Abit's Tech Support Right now. Check this out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arch5

I recently wrote to Abit's Tech support asking about the voltage differences between Hardware Doctor and the Bios and also about the Power supply fan header issue. They replied and then I wrote this:

Thank you for the reply, I'll look at the Sparkle Power supplies. Now I have another question. What is the Differential Current and what does it do? The default is at 6x but if I change it to the others what will happen?

Then they replied with this:
Dear Customer,
The Differential Current in the bios is only for overclockers. I would suggest you to leave it at the default setting for stability.
Thank you.
Regards
ABIT FAE
Please always reply with previous messages, so that I know what we had tried and what were the symptoms.

Why in the world could they not just answer my question?:mad:

Plus, to tell me it's only for overclockers is absurd because first of all they don't know if I am an overclocker or not! And secondly, even if I wasn't overclocking I would still like a description of what's in my bios. I mean I bought the dang board and I want to know what it does! That reply sounds very disrespectfull to me
and they can rest assured that when I can come up with a reply that is not so evident of my anger they will hear from me again.

Meanwhile, can anyone out there please tell me what the differential current is and what it is supposed to do? Apparently you overclockers should know since it's your feature.

Thank you
Arch5

haha you think thats bad? since i got my boot block 1.0 error about 2 weeks ago, i am STILL waiting for an email back from abit tech support. did not even get a "thanks email received , we will check into this for you" reply, so here i sit 2 weeks no pc =(
no help whatsoever. as for the differential current, i read an article on some hardware site (forgot which) which also did NOT know what that did, but when they set it to 4x current, instead of the default 6x, they got about a 3-5fps increase in q3 fps. so i had mine at 4x from day 1.
its also funny to note, pretty much the only people that buy abit motherboards are overclockers...you would think their own tech support would know this, people who don't know, buy compaq's, dell, gateway..etc... :D

I'm over this now. I figure that the person replying to my email didn't know what the Differential Currnent was any more than I do. In fact, theres probably about 4 people at ABIT that know what it is supposed to do. Or I could be wrong and all of you know and you're just not telling me?:)

Stop holding out!:D

Back