• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

July 2011 - OCF Member of the Month Award!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Alright OCF, welcome to the unveiling of the first ever, member of the month award! ...And a little friendly competition. :)

So first, a call to action... I'd like to see more members posting "news" threads. We all read a lot around the internet, but its hard to filter out the great stuff from the mediocre. So I'd like to see more threads created by members about the hardware news they read on other sites and find interesting or insightful - to encourage that, 3 members will be selected to receive prizes on August 13th. I'll be picking the winners, based on who posts the most summaries and links, who posts the "best" summaries and links, and who participates in the most news threads. All "news" threads to take part should be started in this section! To take part in this friendly competition, just start threads in the section summarizing the point of the article, why its interesting to overclockers, and link to the news story wherever it was published. The best threads will also be featured on the frontpage, giving you credit for finding the good stuff. :D

With that out of the way, here is your first ever winner of the Member of the Month awards for July 2011...

OCF Member of the Month!

Thideras - Most threads started in July!

What does he win? An image based signature, designed by his fellow members... So get out your photoshop/gimp/mspaint skills, and send your 100px high by 600px wide "member of the month" images to matt at overclockers.com. I'll pick my favorite, and he'll be stuck wearing it proudly until the August Member of the Month is announced!

Want to be the OCF Member of the Month in August? Next month's winner will be selected according to who receives the most "thanks" from other members. Get started being extra helpful to win! (previous winners are ineligible for the next 3 months)

And oh, by the way, you can checkout other cool top forum stats on this page:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/misc.php?do=cybstats

Congrats thiddy.. u watnz MSpeint sigz?

Forum stats - no permissions FYI.
EDIT - Fixed, thanks red! :)

Last edited:
Oh boy... First, Congrats Thid! You definitively deserve it!

And Hey, I've now got my job back from my old forum, spam (pertinent) news!

Are you looking for just extreme computing news, or just news that can effect the lives (and buying habits) of OCFers?

Nice one Thid :thup:

That's a neat stats page, thanks IMOG!

Also, I think EarthDog should be awarded "OCF Spammer of the Month" based on the stats page.

Haha! Sure...! Yeah, thank god for my job that allows it as that is normally when most of my postings are. ;)

Also, I think EarthDog should be awarded "OCF Spammer of the Month" based on the stats page.

Yeah, we got this one from Earthdog today:

:facepalm::rofl:

Posted by Earthdog: 中国国际经济交流中心研究员张永军认为,一些节能建筑材料、节能照明、节能汽车等行业可能将更多地受益于政策支持。或许,在政策“东风”的助推下,已经具备生产能力的汽车企业将不再犹豫,新能源汽车的春天虽不算早,但终于来临。
正如本届车展的主题想表达的,对于很多厂商来说,新能源更多还停留在“畅想”阶段,新能源战略作为备用战略、未来战略,还没有被提上紧迫的日程。但是,现实似乎不容许太久的观望和徘徊。
人类面临的石油、天然气资源的短缺,和环境的恶化,已经越来越显示出对汽车工业发展的制约作用,而中国作为一个人口大国和资源消耗大国,却同时也是全球增长最快、规模最大的汽车市场,汽车年产销上千万辆,无疑对汽车工业发展的“绿色化”,提出了更为紧迫的目标。

Hmm most likely this OCF Member of the Month will turn into Thid Monthly Appreciation.

Are you looking for just extreme computing news, or just news that can effect the lives (and buying habits) of OCFers?

Any news related to computers, the hardware industry, or the lives of OCFers that you think is interesting. :thup:

I think something's off, I see a lil blue question mark in thid's sig. Link to the image bad? Also, neat idea, less messy since it's only one member at a time but it's still fun for frequent posters. :thup:

Quick solution isn't cross browser compatible. Should work in chrome, IE probably doesn't like an image URL that doesn't end in an extension it likes... Not sure about the others.

Not ie for me, safari. Works now. :thup: maybe something a bit smaller would be more fitting? A sig banner doesn't need to be as large as the site logo.

Back