• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

th7ii won't boot- help shed some light

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guardianx

Registered
th7ii wont boot-help shed some light
i have a th7ii i jus got this thing from an online place. i tried it with my p4 1.6a 2x256 rdram and a voodoo 3000.. when i tried to hit the power up button the post code hang at 29.. i checked everything cables and read the manual 3 times and it doesn't say much about code 29. i wrote a letter to abit and it is taking forever to get back . can some1 help me........

this is a my second computer i'm a newbie to the th7ii mobo but i'm not a complete newbie.

thanx in advance
chad

btw all of the parts are new except the 3d card..

hs = sunflower

second question is there a solution to all of the post code hang?? i search all over their fag site and i can't find a solution for the post code 29

First, I seriously doubt a Voodoo3 3000 will run at AGP 4x @ 1.5V but I could be wrong...isn't that card 3 years old?

Second, I'm having the same trouble...check this thread out:

Linky

Mike

the voodoo card is a pci so is that an issue? well i have a quadro 2 pro 64 ddr mb coming so i will try that out. as for the bios i dont even know the bios i'm using .. i ordered mine from google gear. i can't even boot up the computer how can i do a bios flash??????

excuse me mike did u get ur computer past code 29 ?? or are u still stuck at code 29 ?? if u were able to get past code 29 then i would like to know what u did..

thanx in advance
chad

I didn't think about your video card being a PCI one...I don't think that's a problem.

I'm still stuck at POST 29 (as is the other Mike--ginfest). Unless you can get it to post by using the suggestions here, you're going to have to either find someone with with a P4 skt 478 chip, put that chip in your box, boot and flash, or call Abit and get a new BIOS chip. Or, if you can find someone that will flash it for you (your local PC shop), you can do that...

According to the manual at post code 29 five things happen, Invoke video bios being last. Did you try not connecting any IDE cables to see if you get a bios screen? The IDE controller is programed in step 3 and a shorted cable may srew things up. If you look at the description for post code 23 it searches for a valid VGA device, so it got past 23 you can assume your card is not the problem. That's all I could think of, hope it helps.

90 buckss to do a bios update wtf is thay ?? aye how stupid do they think i'm... so alll i need is a new bios and i'm ready to run this baby right ??

Wow, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

It's because the motherboards we bought do not have the latest BIOS and the Northwood processor is not supported, therefore we cant post, nor boot.

Does anyone have a BIOS flash utility which can be used off the floppy? Im running out of ideas now, and the local shops here wont let me borrow a 256K processor.

Its only the 1.6A that should stop the board from booting, the others should all a boot to flash the bios.

Back