• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which setup would you choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Check out the following "deals" at mwave. Can't decide which chip to get... Also can't seem to get to resellerratings.com right now. (Points to central hardware site??) Is this a pretty reputable place to order from?

Abit ST6 $82
Celeron 1.0a $75
3 Business day shipping to CA$15.14
Total: $172.12

Abit ST6 $82
Celeron 1.1a $85
3 Business day shipping to CA $15.21
Total: $182.21

Abit ST6 $82
Celeron 1.2 $94.50
3 Business day shipping to CA $15.31
Total: $191.81

Abit ST6 $82
Celeron 1.3 $109.00
3 Business day shipping to CA $15.44
Total: $206.44

Personaly, I think I would spend the extra $$ and get the 1.26 PIII with 512k cache, but I'm not you, so I would look in the cpu database and see which has had the best luck in overclocking, stability, etc..you will have to live with your choice, so it would be prudent to research it 1st.
I don't have much exp with cellies since the 300a....sure they're cheap, but I'd rather have the cache that the PIII provides.
Good luck in your desision.:cool:

Doc, thanks for your input. I've always found your contiributions to our community very informative and helpful. Trust me, if I had the cash, I'd seriously be looking in that direction. However, with all that said, looking at the benchies of the newer Celerons vs the rig I'm on now, it still be a pretty nice upgrade with a minimal impact on the ol' pocketbook.
The 1.3 looks interesting. However, I'm not sure it would be as easy to get to 133fsb vs the 1.1a & 1.2a's.
Anyone have the 1.3 yet? If so, can you tell us about it?

I've ordered stuff from mwave a couple times and I have a friend that has ordered from them. They are fast and we had no problems with mwave. I trust them.

Back