• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire RMA --- A Joke!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asopas

Recently my HD5770 died after working for less than a year. Contacting Althon Inc in Canada was just a joke as they are asking for $45 processing fee to send the video card to Hong kong for repair!!!

This would literally be my last experience with Sapphire. Would never recommend or buy their products.

Anyone with similar experience in Canada?

That's Sapphire for you.

The warranty says repair or place for almost every brand out there shant, most of the replacement cards are previous repair jobs too.

If it's covered under warranty, the typical scenario is that you pay shipping to them and they pay back with all the parts and labor being free to the end user.

The issue is just the fee for processing is crazy high. :shock:

Yeah, that's above and beyond most companies.
$45 is up too, it was $30 last time I checked.

On the other hand sapphire's cards are generally cheaper.

Sapphire always says to contact the place you bought it from, I don't think they actually do any in-house RMA repairs. What happens is you contact the place you bought it from, they replace the card for you, then send the dead card to Sapphire. At least that's how I understand it.

Sapphire always says to contact the place you bought it from, I don't think they actually do any in-house RMA repairs. What happens is you contact the place you bought it from, they replace the card for you, then send the dead card to Sapphire. At least that's how I understand it.

The store warranty is 30 days and after that point manufacturer is providing the warranty. Of course for Sapphire it means pay and ship to us plus $45 plus wait and wait and when a new/repaired card comes back from Hong Kong then pay the freight too!! They call it warranty!

I wish there was a regulator who could really push these guys to understand the meaning of warranty.

Yeah, a company by the name of Athlon(sp?) handles the warranty/replacement services.

You have to have the invoice, etc.

At my old job we've sent out bad cards to them and weren't asked to pay $45 for them... that card is probably out of warranty...

I miss lifetime warranties..

Companies still have lifetime warranties (XFX, [double lifetime]for example) but you just have to remember to read into it

Recently my HD5770 died after working for less than a year. Contacting Althon Inc in Canada was just a joke as they are asking for $45 processing fee to send the video card to Hong kong for repair!!!

This would literally be my last experience with Sapphire. Would never recommend or buy their products.

Anyone with similar experience in Canada?
Asopas, I have the same problem and I am from Canada. In my case it has been over 2 months and I still don't have any news. Sapphire really sucks! This is not a warranty. Rest assured I will never by from Sapphire again! There warranty is useless. Deal with any other company and the service will be much better...Sapphire does not care about gamers. It was my first AMD videocard and it is the last! I have returned to NVIDIA and EVGA!

You know, while I agree with you that the waiting time sucks, it's not really AMD's fault it clearly is Sapphires and although I personally haven't had any problems with Sapphire cards in the past I can understand you may have gotten a lemon. Giving up on a GPU chip choice because of a bad experience seems a bit silly to me, as others have mentioned there are quite a few vendors with awesome warranties. I myself have a XFX Radeon HD 6950 with a double lifetime warranty and couldn't be happier honestly :)

Just my two cents

J :cool:

Last time I had to RMA threw sapphire they wanted a 30$ fee plus I pay shipping on my end. It was an old x800xl card that would have cost less to replace.

Never bought a sapphire card again, xfx or evga for me plz.

I had to RMA my 5970 last year after it started to artifact. OMG. I shipped it off and it took 3 freaking weeks to get one back.. Oh and get this- I sent them my HD5970 OC edition...... wait for it....... and they send me back a regular HD5970!! :mad:

What a complete and utter JOKE. I tell all my friends to steer clear of them. Un-freaking real.

That's why I buy nvidia. Not because they're better, but because they have evga. evga or nothing.

You're supposed to do Sapphire RMA stuff through the vendor. The vendor's "30 day" limit is irrelevant. If they're selling Sapphire, then they have to take it back. If they whine about it, point them to Sapphire's relevant information. I've RMA'd Sapphire cards more than once long after the vendor's 30 day return period was up.

There are good and bad i guess, i sent a 5970 back last year because i thought 80c was abnormal under a load -oops, live and learn- mailed it off on monday, it arrived on wednesday, they shipped it back off on thursday and i got it back on the following monday, brand new card not the same one.

But i think back then people were RMA'ing perfectly good 5970's because when they released they had alot of terribad issues but it was mainly driver support, at any rate i spoke with sapphire once and it was straight to the point, RMA'ed and returned in exactly a week counting weekends, that's all i could ask for.

You're supposed to do Sapphire RMA stuff through the vendor. The vendor's "30 day" limit is irrelevant. If they're selling Sapphire, then they have to take it back. If they whine about it, point them to Sapphire's relevant information. I've RMA'd Sapphire cards more than once long after the vendor's 30 day return period was up.
Which vendor(s) performed the RMAs?

Back