• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NETGEAR RMA (WNDR3700) Have you had any luck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fohijgmz

:cry: So I had a great router!....for about 7 months. Long story short, wired decides are able to connect to the modem, and thus the internet.

Wireless devices however, have no signal, and this is because of an annoying high pitch noise coming from the router. Most likely from a busted part.

I called NETGEAR hoping to RMA the device since its still within the 1 year warranty. Instead, they wanted me to pay for "technical support" so they could confirm that the device had a hardware malfuction; technical support that costs $69 for 6 months or $99 for a year......

Have any of the members had any luck dealing with Netgear support/RMA?

Any thoughts would be welcomed.

PS. I bought the router in the forums :p but the member bought it new from the egg, and I've talked to him to have access to the proof of purchase

Wow, really? That's BS. Oh well, glad I didn't buy those netgear switches I was going to buy. This isn't out of character for router manufs. in general.

Hmmm... that's not any different then bringing in a car under warranty and having them charge you IF THE ISSUE IS NOT A WARRANTY ITEM... but in this case the entire router is under warranty, not just a part of it. I smell attorney general complaint.

I'll call Netgear again later today. Lets see if my luck is any better; I'll emphasize that it is a faulty hardware.

I just can believe they are trying to sneak their way into charging me for "tech support" when the noise is hardware related.

Back