• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o/c cpu fsb without o/c agp and pci is it possible...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

i was wondering if there is a possibility to overclock the cpu whitout overclocking the agp and pci i know that agp slot tend not to react well to overclocking but that pci do better. another thing at 66, 100, 133, pci and agp speed are normal what is the next fsb that bring the speed of those port to normal speed

i tried softfsb but it onlyworks with old board or clock that i do not have
as for coolcpu or coolfsb it does not offer fsb that are interesting or thay make my system unstable

and finnaly does anybody know something about a mother board mod called turbopll

Actually, my experience is that most AGP cards will handle being out of spec better than the PCI cards. There are a few motherboards that allow you to "fix" the PCI/AGP bus at the default settings and lets you change the FSB independently. My Abit TH7-II is a prime example of that. There is no other "default" speeds other than 66, 100, and 133. However, I think there are a few mobos on the market with 1/5 and/or 1/6 dividers. If you can find one of them, a 1/5 divider would run the PCI/AGP bus in spec at 166 FSB.

i got the info about the agp on this page
http://www.horae.dti.ne.jp/~kfuno/index.htm
this guy as a wicked overclocking room this is also where i saw the turbopll thing and by the way thank for the info batboy:)
this is the extract where he talk about it
VIDEO BOARD

Using an AGP video board and a mainboard based on the Intel 440BX chipset is not a very good idea when attempting to overclock your system as far as I am attempting to do. As most AGP video boards do not work if the FSB is in the 150+MHz range.
So I recommend an older PCI video board from Matrox called the Matrox Millennium PCI. This video board is tough enough to be able to handle the 70+MHz PCI bus speeds that I reach during my tests.

Last edited:
Back