• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I oced my core i5 to 3.4Ghz(x19.0). Is it enough ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dazkyl

So , i just got my new pc.

Im with an intel core i5 750 , 4gb ddr3 gskill 1600mhz , ati 5850 and a p7p55d motherboard.

I oced my cpu ta 3.4Ghz with x19.0 multiplier.

I ran prime95 tests and it didnt crash :)

But when i tried to run prime 95 test with the cpu oced to 4.01 ghz,it crashed and i got blue screen.

So,the question is , is 3.4ghz enough for a person like me that likes gaming on computer and browsing ?

The golden rule is, "what you have now is never enough!"

That being said, you made a very large jump and need to go much smaller. You are adding 600 MHz all in one go. Take smaller steps (100 MHz) to see where your stability line is.

Yeah i added alot at once,but i made stability tests and its very very stable without any crash.

I'm not sure what you mean, by your last post. So you did stability test in between going from 3.4-4 or you didn't?

As thid said, take it a step at a time, don't do it all at once because different voltages need to be played with to get different speeds.

Back