• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water oooled CPU throttling under load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeaustin

Hello everyone... heres my issue

I recently built a new rig and I decieded to put a kuhler 620 in it.
Temps are great but for some reason whenever I run prime95 with in 5-10 mins the cpu multipler drops down to x4 (955BE).. temps drop real quick then go right back up.

I was reading it might be the voltage regulators on the MB getting to hot but speed fan says the MB stays under 34C underload..

CnQ and C1E are off... I have a 955 BE btw

please help?:bang head

Is there a decent amount of airflow around the CPU block? See if it happens with extra fans blowing on it and the side panel off.

Well I mounted a fan to the top of my rig to test it, but it still is giving me this issue... I tryed reseting the cmos to see if that helped but no good so far... Im getting about 39C under load @1.4 3.2ghz

Glad to see the problem is sorted! I am a bit surprised though, most cases deliver enough airflow around the area. What case do you have?

Back