• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Newegg Have A Set Time For Open Box Items?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Majicplicity

Just curious if anyone knows whether Newegg has a set time that they list open box items? I have missed some great deals on 6970/50s recently :(

I tried googling it, and found all different answers. Even found someone who supposedly created a program that would email him when specific items matching keywords got listed lol.

Edit: Yea meant as far as a listing time, not duration.

I've watched this site for months... still haven't been able to catch a 580 while it was actually in stock.

To not give away what I have found (which honestly isn't that much), it is randomly between 9AM PST and 9PM PST.

Bookmark the open box item you want, check it within 10 mins of every hour (i.e. 9:50AM or 10:10AM). Normally they update their open box inventory sometime within that 20 minute window. The actual item page will update to show inventory long before the list of open box GPUs does. Well maybe not long before, but at least a few minutes before.

Bookmark the open box item you want, check it within 10 mins of every hour (i.e. 9:50AM or 10:10AM). Normally they update their open box inventory sometime within that 20 minute window. The actual item page will update to show inventory long before the list of open box GPUs does. Well maybe not long before, but at least a few minutes before.

I did not know that... so I've been spending a couple months watching the full listing page, and multiple times I have seen items show up out of stock as soon as they appear... now I know and I WILL WIN! :comp:

Back