• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uncertainties Abound: Intel, AMD May Both Delay Next-Generation CPUs Uncertainti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
http://hothardware.com/News/Uncertainties-Abound-Intel-AMD-May-Both-Delay-NextGeneration-CPUs/

this does not seem to bold well for us, there is always a demand for new cpus. for intel pushing back wont hurt them as much but going to 22nm means more cpus per wafer. even if they stuck with 22nm for the next yr or longer. for amd if they push back it could hurt them more then help. since amd is pushing more real cores then adding in there version of HT like intel has.

HT does alot of good for cpus, increases work per watt and per clock. while fake cores never replaces real ones, HT ensures that the pipe is being constantly filled. that way you make the most out of each core on the cpu.

i just hope this doesn't happen...

It's all rumor until the release date is announced. I take every rumor on the internet (and the internet as a whole) with a huge grain of salt.
-Greg

Just live by the day.
Today SB chips are fabulous.
Now I've been at the doorstep of new hardware and buying older hardware, it was with my 4890.
The price was right, it's a decent card, and I got it 1 or 2 months before the 58xx series launched. Never regretted it.
Now ofcourse, if one can wait some more, by all means. It's smart.
Just don't spend your entire live waiting.

As for the new chips, they will come, just don't hold your breath till they actually do.

The anticipation of new hardware is always enticing but the sandy platform seems to handle everything I can through at it while begging for more, so at this point I am not sure what me personally would benefit from anything new at this point.

I do get the tinkering bug and love to tweak on new stuff but I am running out of stuff to do to actually use the systems resources.

Back