• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just built a newer comp (ASUS maximus IV extreme-Z) .. WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lawlington

Registered
http://lawlington.comli.com/ihost/images/frupert/savewholesetup.jpg

there is the image....

jesus christ. I had the sabertooth p68 before this and this MOBO eats it alive..... this thing is so fast and I can overclock it hardcore (need to learn what voltages to increase) but it has noob overclocking "4.2ghz, 4.6ghz" so I selected 4.6 and have been running stable, encoding vids etc... stock cooling 50C, I ordered a Corsair H100 in the mail, do you think that would be the perfect touch to this and I could get 5.5 or 5 and stay at 30-40c ?People say custom water cooling is better, but I dont want to have to worry about my resevoir and water running out or w/e, you know what I mean, ive been building comps for years and like the "set it and forget it" so I hope the Corsair 100H does the job. Anyways, any opinions on a different cooler, and which SSD to get? (this mobo will cache 64gigs of a SSD and use it as ram basically and be insanely fast) ... OCZ Vertex 3 is fastest yet has terrible reviews, maybe Crucial ?
newcomputer1.jpg

Here is TF2 at 1900 x 1200 (i shrinked it obv) with every option maxed, all that 16QXZ w/e EVERYTHING in the advanced menu at the highest setting, 19:10 widescreen or something, displaying on a 32 inch samsung amazing flatscreen.

tf2maxed.jpg

Last edited:
Lose water? Custom loops are still sealed :p. But you're right, you need to tear down and clean and refill every 6 months or so.

If you haven't ordered yet, the H100 would be overkill, even for those monster clocks. A Cogage True Spirit/MUX-120 is plenty, even for really high clocks.

Sandforce based drives are the fastest, but are having really bad reliability issues. Other then Sandforce (OCZ/Crucial/Kingston/Patroit), Crucial is the fastest. Hits higher then advertised speeds when you update the firmware.

Back