• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great new resource - http://www.outletpc.com/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

I just stumbled across this store last week and ordered a few things for a project. I was very please with the selection, price, and shipping options (they support APO/FPO :D).
(oh, and I received my stuff faster than I ever have with newegg :eek:)

It's always nice to bookmark another option :thup:

http://www.outletpc.com/

Last edited:
Nice find, I'll have to check it out later, when I have more money.

God I hate them. I wish I liked them, as they are only 5 minutes from my house :( And good prices? Rarely.... They are overpriced on anything an entheusiest would want (hell, really for anyone).

Their customer service is just poor. I dont know how quickly they ship, but everytime Ive dealt with them they are just horrible. Their people really dont know what they are doing yet are very arrogant. Ive ordered stuff online as "pickup" and its never ready although they say it will be. Then the one time I just went into their store to buy something they had a fit about it and said they will NOT sell to me next time if I dont order online.

The only reason I used them the few times is because I needed the items and really didnt feel like driving across town to Fry's. Needless to say I make the drive now. Their prices are always high (no offense Mia, but not sure where you see good prices??) to boot. IMO, just not a quality retailer. They definitely arent your friendly PC shop like we used to have 10 years ago yet they arent competitive enough to call themselves a quality online supplier.

Where are you guys seeing competitive pricing? Just about everything I looked up was $15 more than newegg. To boot, alot of newegg's stuff is FREE SHIP. There was a few things I found for only $10 more, but others that were $40-$50 (motherboards) more.

Not only that, their HDD and RAM selection is awful. Maybe Im not seeing something here? Not trying to bash this thread, but Ive dealt with them before and besides having poor customer service, their selection and prices arent nearly what you guys are making them seem.

A rating on BBB FWIW.

Optical drives from Sony and Samsung are $18-23. WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue is $2 less than mwave*. Their WD HDD selection has 30 models, compared to 42 at mwave*; not quite as bad, but decent. I don't see tons of out of stock items either, compared to many sites.

That said, they could really improve their site navigation. Full of mystery meat links and horribly unintuitive. Also, far too many outside scripts for my taste.

As far as shipping goes, their USPS prices are better than most, which is all that matters to me personally.

(*Newegg won't sell to folks on tiny islands, so they're not even on my buy list.)

I'd have to agree with doz, about the competitive pricing at least.

When it comes to the PC hardware market, competitive to me means "same price, or lower than NewEgg". With NE being (arguably) the largest PC hardware vendor, it seems perfectly fine to hold them as the standard. Now, every piece I viewed at OutletPC (checked a few motherboards, CPU's, ram kids, video cards), was a decent chunk higher than NewEgg.

Now, options are great. And I know for some people, shipping means everything. If one company will ship through a certain carrier, or ship to a certain area (APO/AE/FPO comes to mind), that can be a deal breaker regardless of price.

I guess what I'm getting at, is not to say trash OutletPC, I've never dealt with them in the slightest (and more than likely won't, I'm still a loyal NewEgg shopper, their customer service has always gone above and beyond for me), but I just wouldn't call their prices competitive :)

Where are you guys seeing competitive pricing? Just about everything I looked up was $15 more than newegg. To boot, alot of newegg's stuff is FREE SHIP. There was a few things I found for only $10 more, but others that were $40-$50 (motherboards) more.

Not only that, their HDD and RAM selection is awful. Maybe Im not seeing something here? Not trying to bash this thread, but Ive dealt with them before and besides having poor customer service, their selection and prices arent nearly what you guys are making them seem.

Thanks for chiming in doz...I've only looked for a few things from them, but eve4rything I looked for was priced competitively with performance-pcs...and not offered at newegg ;) Shipping APO is a big deal for me too :thup:

Thanks for chiming in doz...I've only looked for a few things from them, but eve4rything I looked for was priced competitively with performance-pcs...and not offered at newegg ;) Shipping APO is a big deal for me too :thup:

I really like Performance-PCs but I hate paying tax for online purchases when I can avoid it, so I'll check it out based on this alone. I usually order from FrozenCPU or Sidewinder if I can find what I'm looking for there, but for some specialty items P-PCs is the only real resource. Gonna take a look around the site.

Back