• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you browse the forum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How do you read and use the forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
I'm curious how other members use the forum. Do they view new posts, do they browse specific forums, or what?

Poll will be added momentarily for voting...

Poll is added, if you can vote for whatever fits you most accurately the results may be interesting, and it may help me make the forum more useful. It's not scientific or meant to be really, but your answers will help.

Most, if not all, of my time finding threads is spent browsing the results from the "today's posts", "my posts", and "unanswered threads" links.

I like the "today's posts" link since it shows threads in which someone posted in the past 24 hours. So, you can see all the new, current, and randomly bumped ancient threads.

The "my posts" link shows me if there are any new posts to any threads which I have posted in before. Those new posts will also show up in the "today's posts" results, but sometimes the "today's posts" drown out the threads I've posted in, so the "my posts" link refines the search.

Of course, the "unanswered threads" links help me find people in need that I can help out.

The only time I don't use the links mentioned is when I'm browsing the classifieds or taking a quick peek for new posts in a specific forum.

Most, if not all, of my time finding threads is spent browsing the results from the "today's posts", "my posts", and "unanswered threads" links.

I like the "today's posts" link since it shows threads in which someone posted in the past 24 hours. So, you can see all the new, current, and randomly bumped ancient threads.

The "my posts" link shows me if there are any new posts to any threads which I have posted in before. Those new posts will also show up in the "today's posts" results, but sometimes the "today's posts" drown out the threads I've posted in, so the "my posts" link refines the search.

Of course, the "unanswered threads" links help me find people in need that I can help out.

The only time I don't use the links mentioned is when I'm browsing the classifieds or taking a quick peek for new posts in a specific forum.
This describes me as well, except I check the Folding forum specifically.

I like to read everything to keep myself up on all aspects of our hobby.

Generally, I check 'my posts' first to see if there's any responses I should check on. Then, I'll check 'unanswered posts' to see if I can help out. If there's still nothing to read, I'll check a few subforums which interest me to see if anything is going on. These vary by mood and current events - I'll check the Intel/AMD/Nvidia/ATI sections when new hardware is on the horizon, that sort of thing.

First thing I do is check the USER CP for threads I subscribe to (i auto sub to threads i respond to)

After those, I go throught today's posts.

After that, I hit unanswered posts.

I rarely hit specific subsections unless Im looking for information (in which I search)

Last edited:

First thing I do is check the USER CP for threads I subscribe to (i auto sub to threads i respond to)

After those, I go throught today's posts.

After that, I hit new posts.

I rarely hit specific subsections unless Im looking for information (in which I search)

My habits just about mirror ED and Matt55.

Our reviews are excellent and are always a good link to post for those wanting to upgrade.

Last edited:
I use Today's Posts and Unanswered Posts nearly exclusively. I watch for spammers and report every one of them.

I tend to only check a couple forums (folding, alt os, internet, cyber deals, and one other). I periodically check others but I tend to stick to the forums that I know and can help with. I'm pretty behind in the hardware now a days :(.

edit:
I guess I should have put I check 4 forums cause thats what I do. You made a whole category for me and I choose "couple" instead.

I start at user cp and end up there between forums/posts usually. I tend to check water/extreme cooling,alt modding, and the classifieds regularly. Then I randomly jump into the other forums occasionally esp if the most recent topic has an interesting name.

I come in, go to the Benchers Lounge and check that out... then go to Cooling, then General Hardware... And then I go goof of at the General Discussion section for a while.

I usually go to todays posts, then move into the gaming section, and then I just kind of poke around where I see something interesting if I have any extra time.

I start at UserCP and go to subscribed threads. After that I move on to forums to which I'm subscribed (thirteen of them total). Once that's done, I move on to Today's Posts, then Unanswered posts.

I browse the exact same way :thup:

I start with My Posts, then Today's Posts, then to Unanswered. If I don't see anything that I can contribute to I look in the individual sections, as well as the classies, cyber deals, etc.

I have a priority system but I voted for today's because of the volume I click it.

It goes, "my posts" > "today's posts" > "unanswered" and I usually go through at least the first two and end up with about 10 posts a visit. (then I feel odd and duck out)

Back