• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS3 DHX 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz - PN: CM3X2048-1600C9DHX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shata

Registered
Hello,
You can comment on this if you want but I wanted to make this thread to help others out if they try troubleshooting this ram via google searches.

This ram is actually NOT true 1600mhz ram, which I didn't know when I bought it. So I been researching most of evening why it wasn't stable.

The Ram says on it 2048mb 9-9-9-24 1.8v It will only be stable if your board is set to 1333mhz in bios. To get this memory stable set it to the following to get 1600mhz.

BIOS:

DRR 1600
9-9-9-24 2T
2.05v

I don't know what corsair was thinking claiming this speed and writing what they did on side of this ram. Any ways I saw several people with problems across the web and this will fix your issues.

Enjoy :thup:

2.05v will likely KILL THOSE STICKS and is very poor advice to be giving out to people.

Post up CPUz SPD tab please.

Also the EXACT model number of the ram. DDR3 isnt speced out to more than 1.65v I thought.

Honestly it does take that much, Corsair even writes 1.8v on side.

Ive overclocked alot, and trust me if it was possible to run these at Manufacture specs I would. It would not go stable 9-10-10-24...T2 nothing...@1600mhz

If I ran them at 1333 with 9-9-9-24 T1 @ 1.8v they would work. But Point is they are rated at 1600 and not 1333. Im not only one that has problems with these.

Correct me if im wrong here, but SPD only shows LOW defaults so motherboards boot and you can get into BIOS. They are NEVER set to Rated speeds for that reason.

Exact model # CM3X2048-1600C9DHX

$(KGrHqMOKj8E5hhPwJmcBO,6GRCie!~~60_12.JPG

of3wpz.jpg

Last edited:
Thats insane for DDR3. They must be some old spec'd ram or something. Standard for CPU's these days are 1.5 to 1.65v max.

Bottom line is if you they dont run at their spec'd voltages and speeds, its RMA time...though you have 4 of those sticks and a slight increase of other voltages and possibly the ram may be needed.

Still, telling people to set this ram at 2.05v is something that could kill their (and your) ram.

Do any two sticks run at 1.8v 1600Mhz?

Thats insane for DDR3. They must be some old spec'd ram or something. Standard for CPU's these days are 1.5 to 1.65v max.

Bottom line is if you they dont run at their spec'd voltages and speeds, its RMA time...though you have 4 of those sticks and a slight increase of other voltages and possibly the ram may be needed.

Still, telling people to set this ram at 2.05v is something that could kill their (and your) ram.

Do any two sticks run at 1.8v 1600Mhz?

Ya, you are right on that one. Im really surprised it took 2.05v also Its been prime95 blending for 2hrs with no errors now though.

Ya I guess be real careful on using that much voltage... May break your system - There is the disclaimer lol

No I did not try using only 2 sticks, good point should have thought of that.

thank god your not on sandybridge you would have fried your cpu at those ram voltages.

thank god your not on sandybridge you would have fried your cpu at those ram voltages.

Did I read that correctly somewhere that intel's Ram voltage's calculate into Cpu voltage or something like that? It affects it one way or another? :confused:

Honestly though I would have known to not do that on intel overclock if that's the case, Ive never really messed with them. Ive done everything from Athlon XP to now phenoms though.

Last edited:

I doubt that most boards even have 2V+ option on SB :p I was running some kits on 1.8V ( board max ) on AsRock P67 with 3 different 2600K and I didn't have any problems.

But really ~2V on DDR3 will kill ram faster or later. There were maybe 2-3 chips in early DDR3 that could make it but were getting really hot above 1.8V. I still have some OCZ on Qimondas that are running up to 2.1V ... but not like 24/7.
This ram is rated at standard jedec spec 1333 9-9-9-24 1.5V so should run at about 1600 9-9-9-x 1.65-1.70V ( up to 1.8V if you have it on label ) but if it's not then you have to set higher memory controller voltage or it's time for rma ( with 2V+ will happen anyways ).

Ya this corsair is garbage I figured out, Even stock specs it wasn't stable... Cant ruin 30$ ram when its already done with. (damn u ebay..sigh)

But like you where saying you shouldn't have to go that high on voltage. Also just throw it out there crosshair V can do 2.5v max on ddr3 If your really that dumb to do it. lol

So RMA them. Did you try them individually to find a bad one possibly? Might not be all 4 sticks that have an issue.

Also, running 4 sticks of ram did you try up'ing the NB voltage to handle 4 sticks? Might help with stability a bit just as a suggestion.

Back