• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G Skill and Gigabyte P45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mphaker

Registered
The 2N or 2T refers to the Command Rate (CMD) or Command per Clock = the delay between when a memory chip is selected and when the first active command can be issued, in other words the time it takes between the memory chip having been activated and when the first command can be sent to the memory.

And I see no reason why that set of G.Skills wouldn't be compatible w/ the GA-P45T-ES3G. At a rated DRAM voltage of only 1.5V, and considering the SPD timings of 9-9-9-24-2T, they could probably do in the neighborhood of 7-8-7-15 at 1.65V and 800MHz.

Hello OC Community:
I'm planning to buy a motherboard and memory set to wait for Ivy Bridge.

Thanks in advance

Are you planning to use this motherboard for Ivybridge? It's 3 generations too old if you are. This is socket 775 while Ivybridge is socket 1155. It is best not to buy for Ivybrige yet as current boards may not take it due to bios issues.

Unless you already have a 775 CPU you want to use there is no point buying that board. The current best bang for your buck on the Intel side is a Z68 or P67 board and a 2500K CPU (Sandybridge). Ivybridge is a die-shrunk Sandybridge (22nm vs 32nm).

@Theocnoob: No I've got a Q8400 I want to overclock just to extend its life a little bit. Waiting for Ivy Bridge because I'm quite short on cash right now and my parents (Asian parents FTW?) won't let me buy a i7 rig.
Thanks for the replies. I'll test out those timings when I get them.

Back