• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel and Micron Develop Hybrid Memory Cube, Stacked DRAM is Coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It will come when the market place and the cost agree with each other. I think we will be seeing a lot more articles on this because its a way to build a market.

IBM is scheduled to manufacture this product on a commercial scale in upper state New York on 32nm process.

Current memory is 12.8GB/s, this new technology is 128GB/s, yeah. Oh yeah, it also consumes less power and occupies a fraction of the space.

Hello Exascale!

nice! first place i see this going is video card memory!

IBM is scheduled to manufacture this product on a commercial scale in upper state New York on 32nm process.

Current memory is 12.8GB/s, this new technology is 128GB/s, yeah. Oh yeah, it also consumes less power and occupies a fraction of the space.

Hello Exascale!

:attn::attn: HAWT!!!

But at what cost :)

:attn::attn: HAWT!!!

But at what cost :)

I'd say the cost would be high, seeing as how you would need a new motherboard for this, maybe even a whole new processor lineup to take advantage of it too. So it could be a few years before it hits the consumer market.

Although, it would be a very good reason to hold off on changing from my current i7 system and just keep it in use till the new systems with this ram are available.

while cool at this stage it is anyone's guess if it will see adoption and in what capacity. lots of cool tech we've seen but never made its way into our homes. heres hoping this isn't another rdram. pretty cool stuff!

Very nice, I would love for this to become mainstream but the thermal overhead looks like it may a bit much to deal with as of now...

Back