• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

you should be proud m8!!

now:

1)post sandra memory
2)tell us what memory you are using
3)I know you got this board from Newegg, and that it has 400mhz ICS DRCGs, but could you spit out the actual writing on the chip for us? (I might have asked you this on other forums/threads)

again, congrats, and I expect to be there with you soon!!!

I think I already asked this in an other thread on another forum....

but could you see how far you can go with that board memory wise, lets see how high those 400mhz parts can go....

also, can you set the FSB to 150 while having the memory run at 133/533? Would you do that by using the 3x multiplier instead of the 4x.

Wait, 3x150 = 450/4 = 112.5mhz...

hmm, is there anyway to get the memory as high as it can go along with getting the FSB to 150?

shadow

more sandra:

The 300 and 400 setting in BIOS is actually a 3X and 4X multiplier of what you set the FSB to. I hope that helps to understand these settings. So 177.66FSB X a 300 mem setting in BIOS will equal a 533Mhz mem speed again. Of course you would need better than stock cooling and vcore bumped up to get the processor itself that high.

Shadow,
My RDRAM clock generators are ICS9212-03.
My Main clock generator is RTM660-850R (this is what supplies a signal to the RDRAM clock generators).
My RDRAM modules are 2 Samaung 256Mb 8 pc. single sided. Are these newer generation or older. Either way they are overclocking easy.
I just purchased the TH7II-R from newegg.
The RDRAM was purchased from nexthardwareshop.

(moderatator, if this is considered advertising I will edit)

I need to finish setting up the OS and do another partition image before I start experimenting too much. I don't like reformatting. I have stock cooling on right now so I'll need to change that also if my Alpha 8045 mod works later. If I were to use a pelt what size would anyone recomend? I have a 85watt which should handle the 8045 but I'm not sure if 85w is enough.

I did some 150Mhz FSB with mem @ 300 = 450Mhz mem , here's the Scisoft.
The settings go past 533 when set to them so the DRCG's will do over 533Mhz, the limiting factor for me is my memory craps out at 137 FSB when set to 400 (=548Mhz). But this is wayyy over the 400 mhz the memory spec. At 159Mhz FSB with mem set to 300 is the limit for my processor right now with 1.75v and stock cooling. The 150Mhz setting is stable, that's 2.4Ghz!

thx gone_

I really appreciate the xtra pics and benchies!!

Now, about that 85w pelt -

I went here to find out the wattage of the 1.6a stock - it's rated for 38.7w

I went over here and calculated your overclocked state. I get:

1.6a @ 2.4ghz - 1.75v = 79w 100% load / 69.5w 88% load

88%???

well according to the dood on benchtest.com the processor never gets more than 88% of it's total load.....

So to conclude about the 85w pelt - Ummm, no that ain't gonna work. You'll prolly want to go higher, so that means more juice, you'll also prolly want more Vcore, so that means even more juice. I think you should go for a single 156w-172w pelt. And if you do decide to go that route - pick up a watercooling system while you're at it.

hope this helps!

shadow

Back