• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86+ Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjpresley83

I've gotten several BSODs that seem to be pointed toward my RAM. I'm running a Memtest86+ scan ATM, but can't find a way to turn off the screen on my laptop. Is there a setting in memtest to show a black screen so that it doesn't burn my laptop screen or allow me to close the laptop while it's running?

You should be able to close the laptop and have it run. You could always write down where it was in the test, close the lid for 10 minutes and then come back to check on it to verify it is still testing.

Another option is to use an external monitor and simply turn that off.

If it is a pair of RAM, it was probably a mistake in Memtest. If you can manually set the timings, make sure to set them to stock. If the screen doesn't come back on, you will either need to leave it open or use an external monitor.

I can't change it in the bios. There's not setting for RAM timing, OC, or any of that. BIOs issue? or Hardware?

Back