• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing rip jaws 1600hz c9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

th3b3ar

Registered
i have recently upgraded from 1333hz ram to 1600hz rip jaws however am no having trouble ocing previously had 4g cpu and 1500 ish hz ram 9-8-9-24,
now tho it seems i cant oc this ram even with all at stock if i manualy set the timings (to the same auto sets it to 9-9-9-24) pc will not post
atm im stuck on 3.5ghz 1666mhz any further push becomes unstable even with voltage tweek
any help- to oc these will be greatly apreciated

Sometimes the 1333Mhz kit and the 1600Mhz kit are the same kit. Sometimes (rarely) the 1600Mhz kit is the 2000Mhz kit.

Sometimes, though, the 1600Mhz kit, and especially anything that has loose default timings like c9, is already as far as it'll go. Some RAM will OC 400Mhz. Some RAM will OC 6Mhz and that's all it wants to give you. You can sometimes run higher voltage through it and higher voltage through your memory controller but it's never smart to overvolt RAM and if it is giving you a hard time over 6Mhz I'd say that's about all you're going to get out of it.

ah fair enough still trumped as to why i cant manualy set timings tho

cpu at stock auto timings 9-9-9-24 2t=boot
cpu at stock manual timings 9-9-9-24 2t =no boot not even post

Will it boot with the ram at 1333 mhz ? The Thuban integrated memory controller is only ratd for 1333 mhz.

Back