• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decent, but inexpensive brand of DDR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AarontheJC

One of my friends is looking to put together a budget box. He's on a really tight budget and wants to go DDR, but is really afraid of Crucial's pricing. We're on the lookout for some stable RAM that tends to cost $50-65US. I don't think he's really into overclocking too too much, so toss the overclockability to the side.

What brand should he look into?

AarontheJC said:
One of my friends is looking to put together a budget box. He's on a really tight budget and wants to go DDR, but is really afraid of Crucial's pricing. We're on the lookout for some stable RAM that tends to cost $50-65US. I don't think he's really into overclocking too too much, so toss the overclockability to the side.

What brand should he look into?

he kud opt for samsung, infeneon or nanya. those are good chips.

If you havent checked pricewatch yet, u might want to go there.
there cheapest now... is 54 with about 10 dollars shipping.

This is a "generic" memory, but should serve the purpose of your friend.

I used Samsung in the box I put together for my parents. It's never given them a problem, and I guess, no RAM should if it's not being pushed beyond its limits.

I told him that generic memory would do fine, but he is really opposed to the sound of anything "generic" when it comes to computer parts, so we're looking around for RAM that is labeled with a name...as funny as that may sound!

Glad to hear that Samsung is working for someone else too.

Thanks for the replies.

Back