• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benefit from a 1:1 FSB-to-DRAM ratio?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NikoBellic

Hi, I am new here and could really use your help!

I have a laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and a 1066 FSB ("quad-pumped" 266 MHz). Before knowing anything about memory frequency, I put in two 1GB sticks of DDR2-667 (333 MHz). This gives my laptop a 4:5 FSB-to-DRAM frequency ratio.

I thought I could overclock my FSB to 333 MHz to obtain a 1:1 ratio, but I read that laptops can't handle the heating issues that come with overclocking. It seems the only way for me to achieve a 1:1 ratio is to get sticks of DDR2-533 (266MHz). How much would my laptop benefit from this change?

In other words, is it worth getting the following?: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

THANKS!:D

You would't notice any difference between a FSB : DRAM ratio of 1:1 vs 4:5, so just keep your current RAM.

Last edited:
Back