• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1333 or 1600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Add1kt3t

Hello all,

Been reading the forums fo quite awhile but this is my first post.

I wanted to tap the collective knowledge and see which would be preferable for my AMD system.

7-7-7-21@1333 or 9-9-9-27@1600.

motherboard - MSI 890fxa-gd65
CPU - Amd Phenom II X4 970 BE
Ram - corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
OS - Windows 64 PRO SP1

NB frequency is 2600.... 3/10 ratio. bad?

There are many threads out there I know but most come out unclear as to which is most beneficial. I do a little bit of everything on my computer from adobe/3dsmax, Video encoding, 3d Gaming, and the average web addictions.
Having a quick responsive system is most important to me over load times.

My CPUZ validation below has my system specs if that would help on any determinations.

Get the 1600mhz RAM. Low latencies or even higher speed don't do much at all for the system's performance but 1600mhz is the best middle ground for DDR3. It's more important on how much RAM you have so try to get 8gb of RAM for cheap.

definatly 1600hz just installed 8 g of 1600hz ripjaws recently (had 1333 8-8-8-22) had an fps increase of 19 on farcry2 benchmark

If in fact your system will run in a stable fashion at 1600 mhz then go with that speed ram for sure. Many AMDs will not, however, so you may have to run the 1600 mhz ram at 1333 with tighter timings. In that event it would be a wash.

Sorry all i just wanted to update that yes both of those settings are stable on my system so so far it is unanimous for the higher clocks against tighter timings.

Thanks for the input so far all.

Last edited:
Back