• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86 goes on and on and on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eab

I am running memtest86 on two of our computers at home and it is not stoping.

The computers are two iwill KK266plus, amd athon 1.1, 512mb genrac ram. On one of the sticks of ram it has dected some 170 erors I know that I am going to have to replace the ram. On the other computer I got last check 8 errors is that acctapile? But the thing that I am wondoring about is tha it is been running for 40 hours and it is not done. It keeps running test 4, (thats where all the errors are comming out.) it goes on to 5 and higher but it seems when I check on it it is always on 4. Is in starting over in the night or something?

ram should not generate ANY errors. if your comfortable sending faulty data to be written to your hard drive, than so be it. but it will eventually lead to probs. and memtest86 is continuous if u leave it running. 2 tests should do. test4 is the longest one. i suggest backing off of ur timings, and if their already at their rated sppeds and timings, print the memtest86 results and rma the ram.
-Malakai

Back