• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

low page pool memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skyHIGH

Registered
Hi everyone,

I've posted this on some other forums (including OCN) but haven't been able to get much help on this issue.. Hopefully overclockers can help!!

I built this budget rig for my gf a month ago (primarily for SC2):

Gigabyte 970A-D3
Mushkin Silverline 4gb ddr3 1333
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black edition
Arctic Freezer Pro 7 heatsink
XFX GT240 512MB
400W PSU (stock PSU that came with some case)
Win7 Ultimate

Everything is running at stock settings.

I'm having ALOT of problems with this build.. where to start:

1) After 3-4 games of SC2, she gets a low page pool memory warning and the screen starts to get all fuzzy, kind of like TV static.

2) In most games, right after the loading screen her monitor goes all dark and then she finally gets into the game about 5 seconds behind everyone else. It's not internet lag otherwise the game would have automatically paused itself. -> this happens consistently regardless of what settings she plays the game on.

3) Her computer freezes often. It won't let you cntrl+alt+del, sometimes all you see is a black screen and the cursor, which is unable to move.

Some things that I have tried:

- all 4GB of ram is accounted for
- virtual memory has been increased to 1.5x RAM amount

Problem still persists. Here's a screenshot she took of the performance tab as the guys over at OCN requested:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/screenshot1pq.jpg/

Only 32MB free.

Any help guys?

EDIT - i should add that the rig runs perfectly as long as she isn't gaming

Those look like artifacts in that screenshot. I would suggest replacing the power supply before anything else. The junk that comes with the case is crap and is either causing the issues now or going to cause issues in the future, which could include killing hardware. Even if this isn't the issue, it is still a very good move.

Those look like artifacts in that screenshot. I would suggest replacing the power supply before anything else. The junk that comes with the case is crap and is either causing the issues now or going to cause issues in the future, which could include killing hardware. Even if this isn't the issue, it is still a very good move.

Thanks, I was definitely planning on replacing the PSU when she comes back.
And yes, those are artifacts in the screenshot. I have a better pic of the "fuzz" in SC2 on my laptop, I'll upload that later.

What do you think of this PSU ?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=35940&vpn=RS500-PCARA3&manufacture=COOLERMASTER&promoid=1377

I'm willing to spend up to $60CDN for the PSU - the less noise the better (that's the only thing my gf cares about).

If you are looking for something cheap, the Antec Earthwatts series is good.

The website you linked has a powerful on sale. It is the same price as the 500w, at the moment.

Thanks thideras, did you mean to link me to another PSU though? It took me to a $70 Antec Earthwatts.

Back