• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Platinummicro.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TorqueRanger

I was thinking about some case fans from the because they are very cheap in price ,but I have never heard of them and I would like some thought about them????

Thanks
Jason

About them
Platinummicro.com, established in 2000 and located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley, is a dedicated and reliable computer systems, components retailer and network consulating and Installation serving the needs of corporate professionals and home users alike. With a combined field experience of over 25 years, Platinummicro.com strives to provide its customers with the best selection in parts and services available to the computer consumer market. As a wholesale and computer show retailer, Platinummicro.com serves a wide array of customers from your typical home user to corporate professionals

We banned a guy for linkdropping platinummicro just last month - dunno if it was their employee or someone else, but their first and only posts pointed to platinummicro. Looked like spam.

Other than that, hardly any mention of them anywhere on the site, I did a quick search and only turned up a few threads that didn't say much about them.

RR says avoid like the plague:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Platinum_Micro

Well, you just have to ask yourself, is the price difference between buying them from an unknown retailer and buying them from an established retailer worth the risk? Personally, I've never dealt with them, and the only experience I've (slightly) had with them is seeing the spam adds IMOG was talking about, which in itself is enough to drive me away.

Back