• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Let's See Your Workshop, Workbench, Shop or Other...Wherever you Mod!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
We all have our little havens where we tinker with hardware. Whether you're into making your own cases, electronics modifications, or just building computers, you have to do it somewhere. Your room, your garage, your shop...let's see what you've done with the place! I'll go first.

We live in a townhouse and there is no shop or garage to be had, so we built one! On our third floor there is a bonus room (our office) and a walk-in attic. Said attic had just about a two foot alcove in which we could build a workbench. So, we hung plastic on the studs to cover up the insulation and built a workbench.

It's HOT in there in the summer and COLD in the winter, but when you open the attic door the temperature equalizes surprisingly quickly. It's never as cool or as warm as it is in the rest of the house, but it's reasonable to work in. All-in-all it's a great space to work on computers and radios. Here's a photo of mine.

hokie-workbench.jpg

So let's see it OCF, where do you work on your projects?

***Please note, photos from this thread may be featured in a frontpage post based on this thread at some point in time. If you do NOT want your photos to be used there, please note that in your post.

Last edited:
Pretty good mock up workshop in the spare room you got there... Sounds like a good place to bench in the winter. Is the giraffe pot sitting on the ground? :shock:

I'll get a pic of my disaster of a room this afternoon :D

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

Wow Archer, I'm jealous. That's one heck of a lab you have there!

Pretty good mock up workshop in the spare room you got there... Sounds like a good place to bench in the winter. Is the giraffe pot sitting on the ground? :shock:

I'll get a pic of my disaster of a room this afternoon :D

Thanks! It is definitely nice to use in the winter. Summer not-so-much, but winter is great.

Haha...Giraffe Pot is two pieces and didn't have his top hat on, so he's a little short in that picture.

Also, for anyone posting, I'm adding this to the OP:

***Please note, photos from this thread may be featured in a frontpage post based on this thread at some point in time. If you do NOT want your photos to be used there, please note that in your post.

I don't think I've seen that many CRT type displays since our Apple II computer lab in 2nd grade... Number Munchers and Oregon Trail FTW!

I don't have a table to work on yet, but I did recently put together a rack to organize my stuff. I need to build a table to accompany it yet:

IMG_20110928_162224.jpg

What is the deal with geeks and stacks of motherboards? I have no idea why I just box them up and put them in a corner.

I'm a notoriously slow shipper, I don't trade much in the classifieds, because the mods would likely ban me... Checking on board now. :)

I'm a notoriously slow shipper, I don't trade much in the classifieds, because the mods would likely ban me... Checking on board now. :)

LOL... No way "Glorious Leader" gets banned... They may turn your handle into pink letters, but a ban would never happen. :D

We live in a 2 story townhouse and I normally take over the kitchen table area. My wife usually gets it clean enough just in time for me to clutter it full of random hardware and tools.

Ill post pics in the morning. ;)

IMAG0178.jpg
its not much but im still renting just waiting till we buy our house soon then il post moar pix ;)

Wow only 16 posts in this thread and it's been out for a week? Damn... I keep checking back on this thread because this thread has epic potential.

Let me get my camera charged and I'll post up my workshop. :thup:

Wow only 16 posts in this thread and it's been out for a week? Damn... I keep checking back on this thread because this thread has epic potential.

Let me get my camera charged and I'll post up my workshop. :thup:

I thought so too! GoD_Tattoo wins so far for cleanest workspace, with Archer a close second. IMOG wins for most things he can't do anything with because he doesn't have a bench yet.

Oh, and MattNo5ss wins the FAIL-so-far award for not including photos of his SS & cascade Mattno5ss-is-EPIC award for his collection of water, SS & cascade. :thup:

Last edited:
I wish I had a setup like you guys. I tend to build all out, and then slowly get rid of the spare parts to friends, etc. Then the next time comes around and it's chaos again for a few weeks.

Back