• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

890GXM-g65 no go over 2gb?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikelantra2323

MSI 890GXM-G65
GTX 560Ti
WIN7-64bit
AMD phenomII X6 1100T
coolermaster GX 750W
Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1TB

Ok, here goes. I cannot get my MB to boot over 2GB of RAM. my bro bought 4GB(2x2GB) of kingston HyperX 1600mhz. it will boot just fine with 1 stick (2gb) but the minute you put the second stick of 2GB (total of 4GB) it will BSOD (cant read screen, auto restarts then takes me to windows repair) or will freeze on the windows startup screen. figuring that it was bad memory, i went out and purchased corsair 2x4GB 1333Mhz. same issues, will not boot with so much as 1 of these sticks but if i put my 2GB back in it works fine. I tried BIOS updates..all sticks were put in DIMM1 each time and out from there. ARRRGHHH help us MUST prepare for BF3:comp::facepalm:

I've got 8GB (2x4GB) in my 890GXM-g65. Got it at microcenter, and they just handed me memory they confirmed was compatible.

You want to disable the autorestart upon BSOD:

System properties>advanced>startup and recovery>uncheck the box to restart on system failure

That way when it BSOD's it will stay on screen so you can see the message and take note of the filename, then shutdown by the reset or power button.

Back