• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Newegg Rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junior82

Registered
I have been a long time customer of newegg, since 2004. I have just recently built a new system, and have had several different problems with it. Long story short, i tried contacting the newegg rep on here with no results, sent him a PM, and also tried contacting the EXT that is in the newegg thread to talk to Alex, to find out that there is no Alex.

I had to RMA the video card about 2 weeks ago, got a new one without any hassel. Put it in and still having issues, ran memtest to find out that i have a bad stick of ram, and might be having an issue with the PCI-E slot on the MB. I explained all of this to them and what was going on, and ended up getting an Advanced replacement, which basically they are going to ship me the new stuff overnight shipping without them receiving the bad stuff ahead of time.

NEWEGG still has the best customer service that i have ever dealt with, but as far as the merchandise that they are getting from manufactures is defective seems to be more than usually. I was going through some old recents and on some of them, "your package was quality packed by ...." or "your ram has been tested 100%"... stuff like that. Are manufactures of products these days not really concerned about quality control anymore? Seems as the quality/working, not having defective parts kinda went out the door. It seems as though the amount of DOA/Defective parts is higher than what it used to be..

I have been a long time customer of newegg, since 2004. I have just recently built a new system, and have had several different problems with it. Long story short, i tried contacting the newegg rep on here with no results, sent him a PM, and also tried contacting the EXT that is in the newegg thread to talk to Alex, to find out that there is no Alex.

I had to RMA the video card about 2 weeks ago, got a new one without any hassel. Put it in and still having issues, ran memtest to find out that i have a bad stick of ram, and might be having an issue with the PCI-E slot on the MB. I explained all of this to them and what was going on, and ended up getting an Advanced replacement, which basically they are going to ship me the new stuff overnight shipping without them receiving the bad stuff ahead of time.

NEWEGG still has the best customer service that i have ever dealt with, but as far as the merchandise that they are getting from manufactures is defective seems to be more than usually. I was going through some old recents and on some of them, "your package was quality packed by ...." or "your ram has been tested 100%"... stuff like that. Are manufactures of products these days not really concerned about quality control anymore? Seems as the quality/working, not having defective parts kinda went out the door. It seems as though the amount of DOA/Defective parts is higher than what it used to be..

I've been using newegg for over 10 years and have received 3 damaged products. Never had issues with rma or customer service. Keep in mind I order stuff on a monthly basis. I don't shop anywhere else.

Back