• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NCIX or MicroCenter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BudTheChud

I have only ever ordered off of NewEgg, but MC has better prices and NCIX price matches. so which would be the better online retailer, I know NCIX has a decent following in Canada.

Ive never ordered online from MC but there stores are nice and Ive never had any problems with them. Probably spent over $2k there in the past year.

I wouldnt hessitate to order from them online if there store wasnt as close as it is.

Unless things have changed recently, Micro Center's best deals are mostly in-store only.

IMO there's no reason to make an either/or decision. If X is cheaper at NCIX, get it. Y is cheaper at MC, get it. :)

Edit: Like Snake, I always go to Micro Center B&M stores and have always had positive experiences. They have a terrible rating at ResellerRatings.com though. :confused:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Micro_Center
NCIX is much higher rated.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/NCIX

Last edited:
Ok I have not ordered from either and didn't know the reputation of either in terms of service. Yeah MC's best deals are in store only but their regular prices are still lower (in some cases quite a bit) than anywhere else I have found. For instance what I am planning on buying to finish my build (case and some other stuff) Ill save over $150 with MC's prices as compared to NewEgg.

Ha I have stuff coming from all 3 places now...but its all good, only problem is MC estimate on processing is the 9th whereas NewEgg and NCIX have already shipped...should have just price matched it all at NCIX :-/ ohwell

I've purchased only one item online from MC in the past, but have purchased many items in store. I prefer in store with them as their site sucks. The poor resellerratings is a result mainly of their website being a decade behind the times. Newegg and now amazon are my online merchants of choice.

Yeah, but its not too hard. Had to order my case and since I knew what I wanted I could just search for it. Good thing I ordered it when I did, Haf X for 150 its back up to 200 today.

If by not too hard you mean "they have products listed and you can buy them with your credit card", then yes it's not too hard. Unfortunately they have zero inventory tracking and their shipping is sluggish. The former makes for a very problematic purchase if it's out of stock and they never tell you, or backordered and never tell you and you have to call as it seems so many have and one of their two customer service reps finally answers after an hour wait to tell you such. None of that should happen, even the most basic internet store fronts have inventory tracking. I know, I have one! lol

FWIW, I like the store. I finally have one less than 2 hours away and bought most of my current computer's components there last year. The selection and prices are good. Online there's just better vendors.

If by not too hard you mean "they have products listed and you can buy them with your credit card", then yes it's not too hard. Unfortunately they have zero inventory tracking and their shipping is sluggish. The former makes for a very problematic purchase if it's out of stock and they never tell you, or backordered and never tell you and you have to call as it seems so many have and one of their two customer service reps finally answers after an hour wait to tell you such. None of that should happen, even the most basic internet store fronts have inventory tracking. I know, I have one! lol

FWIW, I like the store. I finally have one less than 2 hours away and bought most of my current computer's components there last year. The selection and prices are good. Online there's just better vendors.

Ha yeah as of yet it hasnt been bad atleast, it has yet to ship so we'll see. But In the future I think I will price check the stuff over to NCIX because like I said they have already shipped and the delivery is expected on the 6th whereas MC has estimated that it will finish processing on the 9th (ordered on the 2nd).

**Although I will say that they atleast called to verify my address. Last time I had a large order with NewEgg (apparently it was their policy for orders over $2000 to be verified through a call from Customer Service...they havent done it since though so Idunno) they never called so it took 2 weeks to ship the order after I had to call them to find out the problem. They didnt refund the $50 express processing or 2-day shipping either. They literally said, "We needed to call you to verify the order because of the amount spent."

Last edited:
Back