• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2000MHz 7-8-7-24

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

I tested my ram to see how far they could go. 2100 MHz is the max stable I can get these @ 8-9-8-24 no matter how high the voltage is.

However, I was able to test them yesterday 2000MHz @ stock latency (7-8-7-24) but 1.61v :eek:

Tried to find on google what was the max "safe" voltage but nobody seem to agree. I either see 1.5v, 1.65v or even 1.75v...

WOW, You might be able to get a few Boints for that if you are interested in joining our benchmarking team here. Just go here http://hwbot.org/ Sign-up and you can download what you need right from it, submit and bamm. ;)

EDIT: :b They just need a CPU-Z screenie for that I guess.

Last edited:
those rams almost have to be hyper chips, and they are super nice but tend to die with too much voltage. I would try to keep them at or around 1.6-1.7 volts

That's a superb set of RAM you have there. Did you get them recently? (and where?)

They will probably be ok at 1.65V but I wouldn't run them more than that (that said, I'm very conservative on RAM voltage). For 24/7, just run them at rated speed/timings/voltage. You'll not tell the difference enough to be worth the long-term voltage.

It's older kit that could be random Elpida BBSE/BASE or some others. You won't get them on the same chips now. Almost all new Eco won't even pass 2000 not saying about anything near usual hypers like cl7.
Up to 1.7V should be fine for this kit but probably you have to play with sub timings or other voltages to make higher clocks.

Good to know haha
What kind of test I can run for ram if I want to test them?

I bought them 1 year ago so Woomack is right. Also I heard those modules aren't overclocking as well on sandybridge (ref: Gskill tech support).

You wouldn't know how it's overclocking till you test them but yes some boards have problems with Elpida BASE/BBSE and most Elpida chips in SB kits are BDBG that are almost the same as usual PSC so higher tRCD and some sub timings. I think that problems are mainly with sub timings, RTL and more that are different in SB specification and many boards are missing some options so they take it from SPD.

Back