• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 4 x 8BG DDR3 2133MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T.J

Registered
I can use some help everyone! In order to max out my RAM in my computer, I need 4 x 8BG DDR3 2133MHz sticks. Looking all over, I haven't been able to find them. If anyone can help locate a place that sells them, I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Im first going to ask why you think you need that much ram... Then Im going to ask why you think you need 2133Mhz ram... and finally I will cut to the chase and say if you are not doing professional level rendering/encoding/photo editing with uber UBER layers, then you dont remotely need anything close to 32GB of ram. Not to mention getting that much ram to run at that speed will likely require copious amount of voltage to be used to get that stable, and last but not least, in most cases you wont notice a difference between 2133Mhz ram and 1600Mhz ram.

But just in case you do need that much ram, after checking newegg, it seems you wont find that solution. Here is an 8GB stick at DDR3 1600Mhz though. Thats going to be over $1k worth of ram for.................................what?

Last edited:
I would think that 16GB (4x4GB) would be plenty... and there is a much better selection for 4GB dimms as well.

I doubt that you find non ECC 8GB modules above 1333 so max for desktop boards will be 4GB sticks 2133 in 4x4GB config. 2133 4GB sticks can get from G.Skill or Corsair. G.Skill has lot of different kits from 2133-2300 but can be problems with availability.

I'm going to be going into a lot of different stuff soon, networking/Blu Ray Video Editing/Photoshop Editing/ and many other things. I know I'm not gunna need it fora while, but still doesn't hurt to look into it and see how much it will be. Thanks for the help guys!

Im sure you will be fine with 16GB for a while. Get 4x4GB sticks of DDR3 1600Mhz and call it a day... Oh, and save $900.

Im sure you will be fine with 16GB for a while. Get 4x4GB sticks of DDR3 1600Mhz and call it a day... Oh, and save $900.

I could get two sticks of 8BG DDR3 1600Mhz, that why if I do want to go more, I would only have to get two more.

You are paying through the nose for something you will likely never do/need. Your money though. GL!

Yeah, you do have a point. Not sure, I know I'm not needing it right now, just something to think about right now. Thanks again.

Yeah, you do have a point. Not sure, I know I'm not needing it right now, just something to think about right now. Thanks again.

You're better off going 4x4gb, then when you DO need more ram, the prices of 8gb sticks will be a lot less, considering 16gb should last you a few years.

Back